Sign in to follow this  
Ruben1123

The Must Fix List

Actually, I disagree. Adding flaps in the real plane balloons it a lot!! Especially on a touch and go when you retract the flaps form 5-up you have to pull up a lot!

I can't say I remember that, though, it has been 10 years and I don't remember which model.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'll be purchasing this Carenado release after sp1 or whatever happens on official patches from the developer. AFAIK the Baron 58 never got totally patched IMHO. So..instead of flying 'crippled' I'll wait..A2A birds have spoiled me I gues and way too much $$ spent on Carenado 'beta testing'..by me. :mellow:

Happy Landings to All

First, I must compliment what Carenado has done right. The visuals are truly stunning, and the flight dynamics are better than any 182 currently being sold for FSX. You actually need right rudder in the climb, which is something that's been missing in nearly every addon to date. The list goes on and on, but there are some red flags.

Quite the statement, as Flight1's is pretty darn good... Just curious if you've got much 182 time. Also, during much of the climb in a 182 your feet can be on the floor -- the only time one should have to give noticeable right rudder input is under 90 knots or so with high power settings.

Aside from the great exterior and handling, the G1000 has a few issues that I'm sure can easily be mended. The main ones that stood out to me are as follows.

1) The airspace coloring is completely off.

2) The VSI shows feet by multiples of 1, not 100

3) The FPL page is non-functional (crazy not to have this working)

4) The click spots are difficult at best

5) The XPNDR options are incorrectly modeled

I was surprised after buying this that these errors were present. I was expecting an exceptional G1000 model; a new era of avionic development deeply stitched into carenado's excellent aircraft models and dynamics. And I was also surprised because they added such niche features like terrain, checklists, and a customizable MFD. I am puzzled as to why such key features and components are absent.

I'm not sure the issues can be "easily mended". It seems to me they took a light approach to G1000 modeling, which is understandable given the price and target audience. Besides, the G1000 isn't exactly a simple piece of equipment. Carenado isn't exactly known for accurate avionics simulation. I'm also wondering when flight dynamics became their specialty, as you stated.

Just conversation, I'm not calling you out. At any rate, I don't own Carenado's 182, so can't give my input based on my experience.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Quite the statement, as Flight1's is pretty darn good... Just curious if you've got much 182 time. Also, during much of the climb in a 182 your feet can be on the floor -- the only time one should have to give noticeable right rudder input is under 90 knots or so with high power settings.

You need rudder some on the initial climb.

I'd actually like to see someone that owns both write a comparison of the FDEs. Bonus if they're a real 182 pilot!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You need rudder some on the initial climb.

I'd actually like to see someone that owns both write a comparison of the FDEs. Bonus if they're a real 182 pilot!

Right. Notice how initial climb will be under 90 knots, as I mentioned.

I'm trying to think of a single add-on (or default a/c) with high power that doesn't model this.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Who said I wasn't talking about it when it was necessary. That is implied. I didn't say "you need rudder straight and level at a nice cruising speed." My remarks were simple in that regard, I'm surprised you became lost. I said during the climb which is your "high power setting."

I'm not sure the issues can be "easily mended". It seems to me they took a light approach to G1000 modeling, which is understandable given the price and target audience. Besides, the G1000 isn't exactly a simple piece of equipment. Carenado isn't exactly known for accurate avionics simulation. I'm also wondering when flight dynamics became their specialty, as you stated.

This is true, if not apparent now. Did I sate their flight dynamics became their specialty? Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Do you need some help understanding these posts? If you need further clarification in the future, PM me so that we don't have to waste forum space with me explaining what I already said to you.

As for the easy mend, what makes you say that. Really, I'm curious. In a coding language all that would look like is:

Assuming vsi is an integer

vsi *= 100;

vsi = Math.round(vsi);

vsi /= 100;

That's just pseudocode, they might even have a ready method. But if not, three lines of code is all it takes. What makes you think that is difficult?

Just conversation, I'm not calling you out. At any rate, I don't own Carenado's 182, so can't give my input based on my experience.

You don't even own it...what was this about? I don't care if you think my findings are correct or not, but if you don't even have it maybe you shouldn't be adding your own [conjectured] input. You are certainly not calling me out, as I have sound assessments.

Who said I wasn't talking about it when it was necessary. That is implied. I didn't say "you need rudder straight and level at a nice cruising speed." My remarks were simple in that regard, I'm surprised you became lost. I said during the climb which is your "high power setting."

This is true, if not apparent now. Did I sate their flight dynamics became their specialty? Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Do you need some help understanding these posts? If you need further clarification in the future, PM me so that we don't have to wast forum space with me explaining what I already said.

As for the easy mend, what makes you say that. Really, I'm curious. In a coding language all that would look like is:

vsi *= 100;

vsi = Math.round(vsi);

vsi /= 100;

That's just pseudocode, they might even have a ready method. But if not, three lines of code is all it takes. What makes you think that is difficult?

Not sure why the attitude, but I'll deal with it.

• You implied no other add-on aircraft (you made a general statement) simulates propeller effects (more specifically P-Factor) in FSX, which is utter BS.
  • I don't care about your "findings" with the flight model because you offer no real life experience to back it.
  • I'm surprised you're such the coding wizard. Carenado should really bring you aboard to fix that G1000 of theirs. :rolleyes: With seriousness, you addressed the VSI but I was referring to the Flight Plan page and general simplicity of the Carenado G1000 as not being easliy... "mended".

Perhaps I did misunderstand/misconstrue a few things, but there's no need to be a a jerk about it. Quite the touchy, high strung type, aren't you?

Do you need some help understanding these posts? If you need further clarification in the future, PM me so that we don't have to wast forum space with me explaining what I already said.

My favorite part! Truly, sir, you are king of this forum. Congratulations! :Peace:

You don't even own it...what was this about? I don't care if you think my findings are correct or not, but if you don't even have it maybe you shouldn't be adding your own [conjectured] input. You are certainly not calling me out, as I have sound assessments.

I'll remember that. No [conjecture] or input from me on the forums. Got it.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Flight 1 just updated the 182 to version 1.4 and reduced the price to $39.95

Updated WAAS database plus ability to set map to north up.

Updated WAAS database plus ability to set map to north up.

+1

Are we not a bit off topic here??

Assuming vsi is an integer

vsi *= 100;

vsi = Math.round(vsi);

vsi /= 100;

If you were to test that, you would find it did not change the VSI display one bit

B)

Bert

Okay, back on topic. As I said, it was pseudocode, no output statement, etc. :shok:

We've compiled some nice erros and figured that avionics are not their top priority.

Are we not a bit off topic here??

Not really.

It seems that many people dont even know that the F1 version even exists. For anyone who is actually interested in a G1000 that is remotely close to the real thing, the F1 product (especially at its new low price) is a better all round package.

If someone reads this thread and determines that there is another option before they hit 'purchase' with Carenado then I think its very relevant.

I will leave it to the moderators to decide...............

I have not read the entire post, but on the map the airport icons some are huge and some are small. This seems odd to me. I would expect them to be the same size.

Thanks Carenado.... This is a great addon...

Kevin

^ I was being nieve.

As for the FPL page issue, Carenado emailed me back and said due to limitations in FSX, it is not possible to queue more than one waypoint at a time.

So there you have it, they're not even going to try.

I am disgusted at this statement that Carenado has made. Absolutely disgusting.

That is bad news!!!

I really wanted this but not being able to program more than a waypoint is just crazy!!! I'm not disgusted but in all true honesty Carenado I see no logic in some of your decisions.

I'm skipping this time.

David DD