Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

777 2D Cockpit?

Will / does the PMDG B777 offer a 2D cockpit?

Thanks,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

PMDG has stated many times that they will niot offer a 2d cockpit after the origonal 747!

Moe, can you elaborate a bit more this information, please? ¿after the original 747? Obviously , i have missed a lot of information, since we have a lot of individual forums.

I thought that the new 777 would have only 3D cockpit, which is OK to me, but....

Thanks.

Regards.

Miquel Egea.

I must say I really do not understand this obsession some seem to have for the 2d cockpit. I see this over and over in various forums. Fully understand it for those with lower end systems but I keep seeing people with good systems wanting it. I know it is a matter or personal preference but I just don't get it.

I think the VC was one of the best developments in the fsx world and when done by the likes of pmdg it is so much more immersive. Throw in trackir and ezdok and it really is quite something.

This is not an attack on anyone I just find myself wondering.

Miquel, There is nothing to elaborate on. There will not be any more 2d panels from PMDG. As simple as that. The only 2d element will be the FMC which does make sense to me.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

The only thing 2d which will remain will be displays which will be clickable to pop out and move to different screens. And fmc i guess.

I must say I really do not understand this obsession some seem to have for the 2d cockpit. I see this over and over in various forums. Fully understand it for those with lower end systems but I keep seeing people with good systems wanting it. I know it is a matter or personal preference but I just don't get it.

I think the VC was one of the best developments in the fsx world and when done by the likes of pmdg it is so much more immersive. Throw in trackir and ezdok and it really is quite something.

This is not an attack on anyone I just find myself wondering.

Miquel, There is nothing to elaborate on. There will not be any more 2d panels from PMDG. As simple as that. The only 2d element will be the FMC which does make sense to me.

Regards

Yeah, that´s what i knew, but this information about an original 747, has been a bit confusing.

BTW, I love the 737 VC.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Not everyone has edzok, track ir, large screens or high performance systems. I use 3D when on the ground and taxi. But for departure and arrivals 2D is the only way. Not only is it far easier to fly with the whole mcp visisble and other things etc. But FPS are way higher, which again makes it easier to, especially hand fly the plane. So please, at least release a 2D cockpit after the initial release. Even if it costs more like a addon. Because I feel their is a need (market) for 2D.

Pop out screens & FMC. From what Rob said back in March they're not making a full 2-D Panel like the NGX.

dont worry it will no doubt, give it time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The only thing 2d which will remain will be displays which will be clickable to pop out and move to different screens. And fmc i guess.

Pop out screens & FMC. From what Rob said back in March they're not making a full 2-D Panel like the NGX.

So we are sure on this? We will still get the fmc pop ups etc?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

dont worry it will no doubt, give it time

Well Pete, I just nipped out to get a large bag of popcorn just in case.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The 2D v VC fight always starts when someone says 2D is a thing of the past and why would anyone want it. Oh wait, that's already happened...

If only people would understand and respect other people's points of view. There's room for both 2D and VC surely?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Except that there isn't necessarily room. It's time spent in development that could be spent elsewhere.

There are uses for 2D for home cockpit builders, especially for clickables (like with FSUIPC), but this is also 2012.

The 2D v VC fight always starts when someone says 2D is a thing of the past and why would anyone want it. Oh wait, that's already happened...

If only people would understand and respect other people's points of view. There's room for both 2D and VC surely?

Can't help conclude that was directed at me.

I at no point said it was a thing of the past.

I agree that there is room for both. It really makes no difference to me if the 2d panel is there and if it makes life better for those with slightly slower systems I am all for it. My post was more one out of curiosity as stated at the end. I just wonder what the preference towards 2d is when one has a powerful machine. For me vc is better but that is nothing but my preference.

I also I feel did not show a lack of respect for anyones point of view. Just interested that is all.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2