Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Alpha Channels - MIPS - DXT1/DXT3

Great, can you add support for DDS?

I have to study the dds file format first, so we'll see.

I've updated my tool that fixes textures with bad alpha data. It now does dxt3 AND dxt5 files.

It's not in the filelibrary yet, but for now you can get it from here: http://www.2shared.c.../DxtFixerX.html

Fantastic work. Many Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi,

Seems, P3D is really stable on my setup now. With 1.4 right around the corner, it can only get better.

For me P3D has now become flight simming at its "very best", AFAIC P3D is my choice for flight simulation...

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Great tool, thanks a lot for youir effort.

I tested on FSX and gained smoothness in several sceneries.

Will soon test it with Prepar3D.

Ok so I fixed all the alphas of the BMPs it found with this new utility. (DXTfixer). Now this do fix the alpha channel.

Please help an old man here. Another question seemingly related if I read other posts.

What is the story with missing mipmaps.

I have read further here and found the alphasearcher. This utility now confrm that I dont have any aplha issues anymore (both DXTfixer and alpha earcher returs zero errors), but Alphasearcher is listing a HUGE number of missing mipmap files.

What is the effect of these missing mipmap section from the bmp file. 98% of these files are AI traffic. Would you recon I correct this manually. I dont know what the impact is of a missing mipmap. Sorry I have no idea what a mipmap is and even how to correct that manually.

This a great thread and tool, any reports on .dds files having the same problem? Or if converting DXT1 to DXT3 with alpha shows any improvement?