Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

ENB Series in FSX Acceleration-WIN7 64 Bit

ENB Series in FSX Acceleration-WIN7 64 Bit

I downloaded and installed the enbseriesfsxfs9.zip program to my FSX Acceleration. I am running WIN7, 64 bit. It installed the following into FSX;

d3d9.dll

d3dx9_40.dll

d3dx9_26.dll

enbseries.ini

I can open FSX OK full screen and get the blue message about the program being installed in the top left of the aircraft viewing window that first appears. Then it turns to red with some other text and finally disappears.

When I use Shift-F12 FSX crashes. In the Windows Event Viewer it says d3d9.dll failed:

Exc Code: 0xc0000005

Offset: 0x00000781c

Fault id: 0x144c

Before I tried this version program I found another Enb Series program that only added the d3d9.dll and the enbseries.ini. FSX crashed with it too. If I only had d3d9.dll installed FSX did not crash but the Enb Series did not work. If I had both installed FSX would not even open and it crashed right away.

I wrote to Silas, the author, and asked him for help too. I received a message that his e-mail address in the readme was no longer good.

What is my problem and is it fixable? Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Unfortunately there's no solution to this AFAIK... Had the same issues and never resolved them no matter the d3d9.dll i put in.. Even if you manage to enter fullscreen few times, at the end fsx will crash. You'll just have to stay in windowed mode or to remove all ENB files.. :(

I,ve been using it in W7 64 on 2 different rigs for couple of years now with no problem....

I also use it with Windows 7 64-bit an Acceleration in full screen without issues but with one exception - I cannot use it with multiple monitors. I have two monitors installed for normal PC use but I unplug the second one when I fly. If I try to run FSX in full screen with both monitors, I get black lines when enb is activated.

I switched back to one monitor a couple years ago because two eat up performance but being able to use enb is an added benefit.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I like the ENB mod. However, each different version of the dll WILL cause my system to crash. FSX will usually go totally black. You will hear engine sounds. Occasionally pressing ALT+Enter or the window key will resurrect the screen, but too much of a hassle to keep. I just have to do without.

Win 7/64 bit here as well.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I've tried it a couple of times, because i read everywhere that it is a mod you should try because of the fantastic bloom-effects. But same as you guys, i've got issues as well.

No crashes though on my Win7 64 bit rig.

When i use the 737 NGX, the screen flashes very bright every second of the system-initialization (20 secs) that the NGX requires.

After that, the screen resumes to normal. But i get a little hit on the framerates.

And on top of that, when i fly and a cloud is blocking the sun, i get some drastic changes in bloom on the sky underneath the cloud coverage.

Sometimes the screen lights up very bright. For me the issues were enough to remove the dll's and play without the mod.

I recently switch from a CFX ATI/AMD HD6870 setup to a NVidia GTX670, but that made no difference. That's why i am surprised to see other ppl succesfully using the ENB-series mod.

I ditched ENB a few months back because of crash issues.

Its a nice effect, but not worth the hassle for me.

I also use it with Windows 7 64-bit an Acceleration in full screen without issues but with one exception - I cannot use it with multiple monitors. I have two monitors installed for normal PC use but I unplug the second one when I fly. If I try to run FSX in full screen with both monitors, I get black lines when enb is activated.

I switched back to one monitor a couple years ago because two eat up performance but being able to use enb is an added benefit.

I too was getting those black lines with two monitors. I've recently decided that ENB is causing to much bother and although its nice to have i have now taken it out. I like using two monitors as i have my flight info on the other screen. I've had crashes in the past with it too.

Kind Regards

Simon.

I like the ENB mod. However, each different version of the dll WILL cause my system to crash. FSX will usually go totally black. You will hear engine sounds. Occasionally pressing ALT+Enter or the window key will resurrect the screen, but too much of a hassle to keep. I just have to do without.

Win 7/64 bit here as well.

Wawo what a discovery i made with your reply thanks. I always thought those crashes was cause by fspassengerx , because every time i choose load aircraft or save fallowing flight i get this black screen that won't go away not even pressing ALT + Enter fsx will randomly crash after using the task manager . But lately i have change my ENB series setting to one that i found at rex forum. I have not receive any crash yet am still testing . Here is link if anyone might want to try it an see the result .

Link - http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15329-24-hour-enb-download-included/

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I really do appreciate all the help from all of you that answered. It seems that there are several installations with different d3d9.dll versions, file date, product version, and file version. There are several enbseries.ini files too. One version of ENB even included a bmp file with no mention of where it goes or what it does. Another version includes the d3dx9_26.dll and the d3dx9_40.dll.

Can anyone who has WIN7, 64 bit with a working ENB Series please list their ENB files with versions, date, etc. so I can try that installation. Are the _26 and _40.dll's required? Do you have the stock .ini file or have you modified it?

I'd sure appreciate it. Best regards, Bob.

If not mistaken, I'm currently using one that I picked up from the FTX forums (Orbx). I don't remember exactly but I think it's from "Tim"?...

I'm running WIn7 64 as well with no problems. I'll definitely be trying a few of the ones recommended above.

Alexander Alonso

I really do appreciate all the help from all of you that answered. It seems that there are several installations with different d3d9.dll versions, file date, product version, and file version. There are several enbseries.ini files too. One version of ENB even included a bmp file with no mention of where it goes or what it does. Another version includes the d3dx9_26.dll and the d3dx9_40.dll.

Information about the ENBSeries with the bmp file can be found here: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15329-24-hour-enb-download-included/

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi OmniAtlas. Thanks. I installed the three files in the main FSX folder and as soon as FSX loads it fails. That's what every version I have tried does. As I said before I am giving up on ENB. Best regards, Bob.

You can't run ENB in windowed mode, only full screen.

You didn't mention if you run it windowed or not, but thought I'd point this out.

Hi AJ. I always run FSX full screen. My problem is that FSX crashes during the initial loading after about 10 seconds. I never even get to any menu. I have totally given up on it. It's not worth spending any more time on it. As I said I have tried about 4 different versions and they all crash during initial loading with the dll error. Thanks, regards, Bob.