Sign in to follow this  
d540d

LSKs not working

Hi all,

I'm new to the NGX.

I have an issue with the FMC that is recurring. During the flight, LSKs seem to stop working. In two different flights, I wasn't able to make a direct-to. I put the waypoint I want to fly to into the scratchpad, and when I press LSK1L nothing happened. I did the same some minute BEFORE, and everything was ok....

Today, I had same problem approching LOWI (tutorial # 2). When I had to switch to rwy 8, the corresponding LSK didn't work.

I can still navigate through the FMC menu, but LSK are not working.

Do you have and idea or suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: Yes, my NGX is legal. I say this because I googled my problem and It seems I'm the only one with it.

Hi Alessandro!

I've never heard of this before. What do you mean by "stop working"? Does the FMC give you an error message or is the button(s) just dead?

Have you tried copy and paste another wpy from the legs page like as flying a direct-to?

Does anything appear in the scratchpad when you try imput the wpy?

Matteo Capocefalo MED1473

@ MED1473

No, I got no messages. The LSK buttons are dead, but just to execute the function. They are working when you move a waypoint to the scratchpad, but you can't confirm it with LSK1L.

For those who don't know it, what's p3d? ;-)

So you can copy text from the legs page into the scratchpad but cannot imput it back in it through the same keys? Mh the buttons ate not completelly dead then. Looks like either something happenss in the FMS that prevents this or a corrupt installation. Best chance is to reinstall it yeah and iff it doesn't solve it then submit a support ticket.

The only other thing I can think off is that the FMS "thinks" you've reached your destination, but even in that case you should be able to imput wpys. At a loss here.

Does it happen at random or at a specifix moment?

Mat

For those who don't know it, what's p3d? ;-)

Not sure if that was tongue cheek but if not it is Prepar3d. If you really don't know google it as I don't think I can link it here. If you do really know I did not mean to be patronising.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Ha ha ha of course!! Nah no tongue in cheek, just had a really tough day at work and am a bit slow with abbreviations lol

I know prepar3d, can't wait for it ti be made available to the wider simmer community rather than jusr the pros, I'd definitely give ita go!

Mat

Ha ha ha of course!! Nah no tongue in cheek, just had a really tough day at work and am a bit slow with abbreviations lol

I know prepar3d, can't wait for it ti be made available to the wider simmer community rather than jusr the pros, I'd definitely give ita go!

Mat

It kind of has already. Look into it at the site.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Im not totally sure on this but its most likely a waypoint that the FMC calculates as not possible because of some factor. Whether the altitude, speed, or proximity of a fix or the airport. I remember tutorial #2 as having quite a few altitude constraints on approach and the FMC may just be telling you that its " too late to change your mind" by making the change impossible. In these cases we have to remember that the FMC is designed for safety, passenger comfort, and economy. For example, the FMC will not command a sudden nose dive to runway 8 - you will have to fly that manualy.

I make this guess based on the fact that the Line select keys are functioning for you to bring waypoints to the scratchpad.

So the button functions - there has to be a problem with what you are asking the FMC to do, but in thinking this through there should be some kind of error message displayed or at least some kind of advisory about what your trying to accomplish that is getting rejected....Im not sure about trying to program obvious impossibilities into the FMC - I never tried it.

@ Mat and James

No tongue cheek. I meant Prepar3d, and I'm sorry for that abbreviation.

@ Paul

I see your point, it makes sense.

But I can't imagine what the problem could be. As you can see in the screenshot, I still was in cruise; no way to put ELMOX in LSK1L. As far I'm concerned, there were no reasons to block the direct-to. I say more: I did another direct-to some minute before, and it worked.

The same for changing rwy from 26 to 8. The first time I followed the tutorial, I could did it, when instructed. The second time, I couldn't.

I'm very sad, because this is a very great add-on, and it is frustrating if you cannot trust in it.

I'm very sad, because this is a very great add-on, and it is frustrating if you cannot trust in it.

Oh you can trust in it you just have a little problem that needs to be resolved. The only time I have seen behaviour like this has been just before fsx crashed and it crashed because of the pmdg module. I would be using the fmc and all of a sudden it would start behaving quite strangely before becoming unresponsive in a way like you describe. Then the dreaded ring of endless thinking from windows.

This happened at the same time as a number of other issues started to appear. In the end I gave up and did a reinstall and all was fine again. Something had made a mess of my install somewhere obviously.

So I only have 2 suggestions. If it was me I would uninstall it completely and reinstall it. If that does not work go to http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx register and submit a support ticket regarding the issue.

You can do it the other way round of course but in the interests of time I would do it that way. And trust me when she is running right she is one of the most stable add ons I have had.

Good luck and regards

Thanks for your support, James.

Ok, I'm about to reinstall it, and I hope it will be fixed.

Unfortunately, I can't submit a ticket, since they don't support Prepar3d (and please let me know if I'm wrong...)

Thanks for your support, James.

Ok, I'm about to reinstall it, and I hope it will be fixed.

Unfortunately, I can't submit a ticket, since they don't support Prepar3d (and please let me know if I'm wrong...)

No you are not wrong on that. Forgot you were using that when I posted the last response.