Sign in to follow this  
neumanix

DxtFixerX

Oh, I know - that was a suggestion for the creator. It would be nice if it had a couple logs so you know what was fixed. I wanted to go to the airports that were fixed to see if there was a difference but I can remember which ones were fixed.

Yea i do remember . But the really strange thing is that apparently it found errors even on aircraft not only scenery . As i can remember i think it found some on captain sim 757 an few others. I can remember few of the scenery what am doing is reinstalling each one of them , to then scan again using the software to see if it finds any errors.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

so afterall what do we have to do then?

downloading gives alot of garbidge and now i lost my feelings what is good and what is wrong

so please give of good guide what we should do!

i got dxt fixer /b1 free archiver/etype/setup/video downloaded etc.

I am lost

It can take some time if the program has to go though a very large amount of files, but just let it finish. It exits by itself when it's done.

Clicking on the program window while it's working will show that it is not respondnig, but as I said, just let it finnish and all will be well.

It will not harm any files even if you end the process before it is finished.

It can take some time if the program has to go though a very large amount of files, but just let it finish. It exits by itself when it's done.

Clicking on the program window while it's working will show that it is not respondnig, but as I said, just let it finnish and all will be well.

It will not harm any files even if you end the process before it is finished.

Great it is very easy that is the same thing that happen to me at first. I thought the program crash but it exits out after it finish. Great program by the way. If anyone get any issue just reinstall each scenery that the program stated as an error. Also to save the log file in a place in which the software won't overwrite it when running the software again using the log fie only option in the software. My FSX is running well after every reinstalling of each scenery that had errors. Thanks for this great software it give me some issues because i couldn't back up my fsx before running this software. But it told me where i have scenery with errors so that is very helpful to me .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Hi

It must be me being thick - but I can't download this file. I've downloaded Ilivid and run it but I get an error message when trying to download the file.

Cheers

Chris

What about ORBX files? Any help there?

Bob

I tried this software but it just froze once I'd asked it to fix so I have removed it. Hope it hasn't done any permanent damage to my setup!

no it do not freeze.. just leave it alone. it look like freeze, especially large volume to search, but it is not.. It will close once it is finished.

This work 100%

anyay it cannot brake anything (from what i understand)

Flying_bob is right, just let the program do its thing and wait. It exits when it's done and produces the log.txt for you to read.

Hi Neumanix

Did you say that the file will be in the Avsim library? I still can't work the download mechanism!

Chris

I'm trying it right now. First i'll let it only check for bad files, which it is doing now. If it's a long list (and i have a lot of freeware/payware scenery -incl. Amsterdam Schiphol-) than i'll probably let it fix everything. But than i'll make a back-up first. I will share my results here.

It's sounds quite promising.

-

Update 1: Ok, it was quite a long list it turned up with. Aerosoft and trafficX being the biggest 'offenders'.

I'll try those first and than maybe later the rest. I back-upped most of the folders that were reported, since i altered all the TrafficX AI traffic with Shockwave lights and TSS sounds, and i dont want to lose them.. had put a lot of work and time in it.

I'm quite hesitant, because in my life I have put myself more than once into sheer misery and regret after a 'brilliant' idea without taking the necessary precautions.

FSX runs great right now, but i still do encounter some stuttering once in a while. It would be great if it turns out to be a reported airport, scenery or AI plane causing that.

But it would be a real bummer if chasing a little annoyance would leave me with a broken FSX installation or screwed up textures.

-

Update 2: Well, i just fixed the Aerosoft and TrafficX maps and taxied a while through Amsterdam and everything seemed fine. The low FPS scared me (minimums of 20 FPS, mostly arond 22-25) since it would normally stay above 25, but i had recently added some roadtraffic again and i'm sure that is lowering performance. But no texture glitches or anything, so later i will try some more folders.

How to find log file after finish?

t's in the same map as the dxtfixer executable

t's in the same map as the dxtfixer executable

I made mistake,first run was unchecked.. so probably dxtfixer did what expected to do allready, but i wanted firstly to se log.txt file.. :( ..