Sign in to follow this  
nam1394

Quality Wings 757

I had interest in the QW 757 before, but I read a review in avsim that said that it had bad frame rates so I decided not buy it. A couple of days ago I bought the bae 146 after hearing positive things about, and I am really happy with it. So, can anyone who owns it tell me about it?

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

My system delivers reasonably good frame rates with the QW 757, but both this and the Captain Sim 757, which I also have, suffer from somewhat lower frame rates than many of my other aircraft addons. As an example in the same scenery area the QW 757 has frame rates about half that of the QW146. Despite this however I find that both the QW and CS 757s are a pleasure to fly although if you want hyperrealistic aircraft systems then you might find the QW 757 just slightly on the light side as compared to the CS version. Overall I am happy with both versions of the 757, but would probably go with the QW version, which I think should run smoothly enough on your system. Another factor to bear in mind if you want a 757, is that CS apparently no longer provide product support for their FS9 aircraft although they are still happy to sell them!

Bill

I have the QW 757 but was not impressed and took it off my hard drive. The biggest issue for me was frame rates though there were some other aspects that just didn't win my respect. You do get a lot of different versions and paint schemes and the external modelling is outstanding. But don't expect the same fantastic quality as the QW ARJ/146.

If you do buy it and have the same frame rate problems most of us did, you can improve it by decreasing the refresh rate for the gauges. You will need to search their forum for instructions but once you have the info it's very simple to do it. Also, it's really important that you install it by right clicking and selecting "Install as Administrator." Don't ask me why - I have no idea. But when I first installed it, all I got was a slide show, whereas installing it as administrator did make a very big difference. Sadly, not enough difference for it to make me want to persevere with it...

Never had any dramatic problems with the frame rates and I found it to run smoother than the NGX . I would recommend it over the CS 757, they are both good add on aircraft but the QW wins when it comes to sounds and graphics . The flight dynamics are excellent and makes it a beautiful aircraft to handfly. The downloadable add on liverys look very good and are very well produced.

Whilst in no way disputing those who have poor framerate issues with the QW757, I must say that I've never had this problem at all; even on my older, weaker system. It's pretty 'light' - I ususally prefer PMDG/iFly737 type products - but I find it good fun when I don't have time for a 'full' flight.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thank you guys for the input. I already bought it and have had a a couple flights. It is not the best in terms of FPS but it was smooth most of the time. Only when I use window popups (SHIFT+2,3 etc FPS drops, however if I use click spots to pop them it doesn't . My only disappointment(so far) is the non-functional FMC in the VC.

Thank you Ian, Bob and Gavin

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Good to hear. I love QW757 and fly it all the time... MY system is a dinosaur too...

I wasn't very impressed with it. The frames were on the lowish side and the oversimplification of certain systems (that I had fully learnt how to use in the LDS 767) was a chore. I also found it very 'pitchy' to fly. The 146 though is absolutely superb.

I wasn't very impressed with it. The frames were on the lowish side and the oversimplification of certain systems (that I had fully learnt how to use in the LDS 767) was a chore.

I agree. It is supposed to be complexion simplified but I also found it hard to load a flight plan into the fmc after mastering the level d 767 on fsx. I ended up flying some sort of flightplan that was different than the one I entered into my fmc. I have no idea how that happened but I noticed it because during the entire flight I was not on the pink route in the display. When I neared the destination, flying on the invisible flight plan, I noticed the pink route had arrived at the airport from a different direction than I was flying.