Sign in to follow this  
Manny

ENB. WOW!

I don't know how I missed knowing about ENB. But I just got to know about it last week when someone posted about Shade for FSX and then from the ORBX forum someone directed me to REX forum where I saw Timest's ENB links.

You need to be logged into REX Forum

http://www.realenvir.../19-free-stuff/

And tried his BLUESpehere ENB Plus

http://www.realenvir...nload-included/

OMG..this is like going from black and white to technicolor. Simply amazing... Put the three files in your FSX folder and Voila. Shift-F12 toggle if you want to go default /activate ENB or simply remove the three files if it doesn't work for your setup and its free and no FPS loss.

I was reading somehwere where it doesn't work for multi monitor setup. I have 3 + 1 setup and it works ...so far without a glitch. I have gone from full screen to windows and back and I have clicked the mouse all over the places. But I still need to test it some more though.

This is the lowest hanging fruit of all tweeks/enhancement.. No harm in trying..if doesn't work take it out..but if it works ....its FANTASTIC!

I know it may be old news for many of y'all...but for me.,... this is NEW!

OK..I switch Windows and come back, I get black screens... Hmmm...

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Ha, thats why I stopped using it....along with the d3d crashes of which I no longer experience!

Hitting Alt+Enter twice might help.

Personally I like ENB too but not the REX settings...

I started getting the crashes as well and sadly ended up removing it. I really liked the effect, too. My only complaint (besides the crashes) is that the shine can wash out the details on white aircraft, when viewing externally. In the cockpit, everything looks great with perhaps the horizon being too bright . I did love the effect it gave the sun.

Will continue to experiment and hopefully can get a stable setup working.

Alexander Alonso

Thanks for pointing that out, Manny. I've seen some really amazing screenshots around here, but I've not yet found any modifications for ENB. I'll certainly give them a try as soon as I can.

Cheers

Flo

When I use the Menu, ENB stops working..But when I do Alt-Enter couple of times, It starts working..so not a biggie. But the Black screen...once it goes black screen, it doesn't restore it I think.

I think the benefits outweighs the Black screen problem...so far. Lets see how much I go without leaving the FSX windows to avoid the black screen.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You might try a Ctrl-Alt-Del, Manny, and then just cancel. It may take you back. Same subject - I've used ENB many times, with numerous ini files and never had a problem - and I use the TripleHead2Go system.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

There are many screenshots where ENB looks terrific, but somehow it fails to impress me in reality. I haven't experienced crashes while testing it, but it is the way it creates HDR effect that bothers me. I've tried numerous presets, but it always seems that either my sky burns through (= is way overexposed) or cockpits get too dark. I've calibrated my monitor, so problem isn't there.

This is one of the effect that is great to me to. One of my favorite but the only things depending on the rexe texture you have sometime to me it gets to bright . But other than that this effect work great an if anyone wants to try it out take a look at this 24 hour setting for ENB http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15329-24-hour-enb-download-included/

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

There are many screenshots where ENB looks terrific, but somehow it fails to impress me in reality. I haven't experienced crashes while testing it, but it is the way it creates HDR effect that bothers me. I've tried numerous presets, but it always seems that either my sky burns through (= is way overexposed) or cockpits get too dark. I've calibrated my monitor, so problem isn't there.

Lower the bloom and lower the darkenings settings. You can do almost anything with the ini. Right now I also use rather low settings (compared to the default ones) which gives my a bit more contrast, some light bloom (without burning anything) and a little bit of polish.shine. :wink:

EDIT

If you use this one:

http://speedskater.r...ie_for_MSFS.rar

then you only have to change these settings in the ini:

BloomMaxLimit=75 (default 100: takes care of the amount of bloom)

DarkeningAmountDay=10 (default 40: takes care of how much darker things become at day)

DarkeningAmountNight=0 (default -30: takes care of how much darker things become at night)

I also use this to get a bit more color:

ColorSaturationDay=1 (default 0: takes care of the colorsaturation)

These are the most important settings: you can forget about the rest (of which a lot does nothing). As you can see I don't use a bmp like the REX version does: I just don't like the effect.

BTW DarkeningAmountDay and Night influence both day and night: obviously the plugin doesn't know when it is day or night: it only 'knows' when the screen has more dark part then light parts. So if you can't get the day right, you might also try changing the night setting a little.

Of course the right settings also depend on your monitor settings... If you use something like MagicBright (Samsung) then everything will be different than it would if you use low manual settings for brightness and contrast.

Lower the bloom and lower the darkenings settings. You can do almost anything with the ini. Right now I also use rather low settings (compared to the default ones) which gives my a bit more contrast, some light bloom (without burning anything) and a little bit of polish.shine. :wink:

EDIT

If you use this one:

http://speedskater.r...ie_for_MSFS.rar

then you only have to change these settings in the ini:

BloomMaxLimit=75 (default 100: takes care of the amount of bloom)

DarkeningAmountDay=10 (default 40: takes care of how much darker things become at day)

DarkeningAmountNight=0 (default -30: takes care of how much darker things become at night)

I also use this to get a bit more color:

ColorSaturationDay=1 (default 0: takes care of the colorsaturation)

These are the most important settings: you can forget about the rest (of which a lot does nothing). As you can see I don't use a bmp like the REX version does: I just don't like the effect.

BTW DarkeningAmountDay and Night influence both day and night: obviously the plugin doesn't know when it is day or night: it only 'knows' when the screen has more dark part then light parts. So if you can't get the day right, you might also try changing the night setting a little.

Of course the right settings also depend on your monitor settings... If you use something like MagicBright (Samsung) then everything will be different than it would if you use low manual settings for brightness and contrast.

Hope Manny doesn't mind me asking but how do you lower down the brightness during the day? What part do i have to edit ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Ha, thats why I stopped using it....along with the d3d crashes of which I no longer experience!

Well, if you have Precision X GTX Video software running at the same time as your FSX it will. I have isolated an issue with d3d9.dll not playing nicely with EVGA's new Precision X software. Close the Precision X and then run FSX with ENB in the FSX main folder - you'll find it works now ! :)

Obviously, EVGA said they won't be recoding anything to help the Hacked dll file, so ENB developer will need to address this side of things. I found one piece of info I'm going to try tonight, so I can run Precision X with FSX and ENB and that is to change a compatibility mode option within the Precision X to help with this. We shall see if it corrects the entire problem. I hope it does, as Precision x - cools my GTX 670 down :)

Hope this helps some, as it took me literally DAYS to get this isolated to this software with ENB and Fatal Crashes in FSX.

You guys should try my fix and see if it works for you? If so, you are very welcome LOL :)

I started getting the crashes as well and sadly ended up removing it. I really liked the effect, too. My only complaint (besides the crashes) is that the shine can wash out the details on white aircraft, when viewing externally. In the cockpit, everything looks great with perhaps the horizon being too bright . I did love the effect it gave the sun.

Will continue to experiment and hopefully can get a stable setup working.

Check and see if you're using Precision X software for your GTX card - if so, unload it and run ENB with FSX :) Voila :) it's def causing the issue. I can crash it on command by opening Precision X - latest version.

This is one of the effect that is great to me to. One of my favorite but the only things depending on the rexe texture you have sometime to me it gets to bright . But other than that this effect work great an if anyone wants to try it out take a look at this 24 hour setting for ENB http://www.realenvir...nload-included/

Remember everyone! -- when you use these ENB files in FSX - make sure you unload Precision X software for your Video Card - otherwise it will probably give you a fatal crash, like it's been doing to me. If you get rid of that, it will work just fine. I'm working on a workaround for this tonight and will post if anyone else needs it, let me know

Thanks

Rob

-- I will stop at nothing to correct these incompatibility issues from coming up that are plaguing me and some of you perhaps ! :)

For those people experiencing crashes when using ENB,there is an alternative that is very good:

https://www.assembla...nject/documents

Foot note: if you're using GTX vid card with Precision X - unload it from bottom tray - bottom right hand corner of screen, right click - Exit/close. Then run ENB in all it's glory. I'm working on a work around so I can run Precision x as well, as it's cooling my video :)

When I use the Menu, ENB stops working..But when I do Alt-Enter couple of times, It starts working..so not a biggie. But the Black screen...once it goes black screen, it doesn't restore it I think.

I think the benefits outweighs the Black screen problem...so far. Lets see how much I go without leaving the FSX windows to avoid the black screen.

Do you have EVGA software installed? for a GTX video card? Precision x perhaps? If so, unload it and try that. It may just fix this issue as well. I get fatal errors until I unload it.

Thanks

Rob

Lol are you going to quote every post and add the same thing after each? :lol:

I don't use Precision X software either.