Sign in to follow this  
xxJohnxx

No X-Plane.exe after install

Hi,

Yesterday I bought X-Plane 10 and I started to install it. Today I finished the installation with the Download of Updated.

The Installation window showed me that I have sucessfully installed X-Plane 10, however as I pressed "Start X-Plane 10 now" nothing happened. So I closed the installer, went to my desktop, however there wasn't a folder named X-Plane 10. The only thing I was able to find is the installation log for X-Plane 10.

I can see all the data on my HDD, however I nor the windows search can find the X-Plane.exe

I don't know what went wrong, but I would be glad, if I don't have to install the whole thing again. So is there something I can do instead of installing X-Plane from scratch again?

Thanks in advance,

John

Thats odd. Run the installer again and click "update X-plane" it will examine your installation and download what your missing.

That should take care of it.

Rob

If you are trying to install from the installer on the DVD, I would instead install fom this installer that can be downloaded from this link

http://www.x-plane.c...taller-updater/

Installing from the installer that is on the DVDs sometimes doesn't work well. Anyway that has been the case in the past. In fact the instructions on X-Plane.com site says do not install from the installer on the DVD.

Thanks for your answer guys!

I maybe (I don't think so, but it still could be) selected the Linux or Mac version instead of the Windows version for the installation.

I started to install a second copy, copied the three .exe files from the new copy to the full instalation and aborted the installation of the copy.

Then I ran the updater again, and it took care of some files which were missing (about 12 MB), and now it works how it should! :)

Thanks!

Jonathan