Sign in to follow this  
dracer33

Eaglesoft Citation X Shaking Violently During Climb

I recently purchased the Citation X, during the climb usually around FL200 the aircraft starts shaking up and down violently. I checked my weather engine and searched the internet which yielded nothing. Has anyone else had this problem.

I usually have a similar problem when I'm either going too fast for the conditions or I forgot to setup AccuFeel properly but mostly going too fast for the conditions. Are you using the FADECS or just direct control of the throttle?

Never happens to me. What is your airspeed when this happens? Could too low an airspeed also cause shaking? Icing? Needmo info.

I used to climb and level off at full power and it would give all sorts of warnings about engine over-speed at high altitudes but I don't remember if it shook or not. I stopped doing that and now use the FADEC and thrust settings for climb and cruise.

Eaglesoft forums are a great place to go for answers on things like this if it's an issue with the plane.

I might take a look at the accufeel I have that program myself. But speeds are usually 220-270kias deice is on so I'll try screwing with accufeel and see what that yields.

I might take a look at the accufeel I have that program myself. But speeds are usually 220-270kias deice is on so I'll try screwing with accufeel and see what that yields.

First thing I try when a plane starts doing something weird is turn AccuFeel off and see if it still happens. I doesn't help that I occasionally forget to check and change the settings in AccuFeel to work with the aircraft I'm flying.

Hi Dracer. I've been thinking about getting the Citation X for a few months now. I bought every other significant FSX aircraft addon. What holds me back is not sure about the quality of the graphics. I am kind of picky when it comes to graphics...the level D 767 was not adequate for me 2012.

What are your opinions about the Citation X 2.0 and do you recommend it strongly?

Thanks, :)

BTW I had the same shaking problem and it was the Accufeel calibration that needed to be changed.

Well basically the only down fall is the graphics of the VC, I too have all the FSX PMDG planes, Level D, a few Captain Sims, Wilco, etc etc, I'd say it's definitely not a PMDG, but far above Wilco, about at a Captain Sim level of graphics. Other than that the planes systems are modeled terrifically, and once you get used to the systems you can really enjoy the flying characteristics. I don't know if you have the NGX, but if you do you know it's hard to have a bad landing, well the Citation X is the same deal, it flies GREAT!!! Personally I'd say get it....just make sure its the V2 you purchase.

What are your opinions about the Citation X 2.0 and do you recommend it strongly?

Like Nike says, "Just Do It" B)

I had a love/hate relationship with mine until someone from Eaglesoft pointed out something simple that I overlooked when flying on the FMS. Now its all love/love. It even makes a good glider (don't ask)

There is a new must have aircraft in my hangar.....no. It's not the Cessna Citation X 2.0. it's the Quality Wings BAE 146 AVRO...brilliant addon and masterfully done approaching PMDG/IFLY standards. I said approaching :) Anyway the documentation is superb and so nicely laid out. You gotta get this one even at this price (47.99) I love it!!!