Sign in to follow this  
flacs

FS 2004 PATCH

Thank you, Sam!

A weight off many minds.

I have a big problem related to this topic. I need to re-install the PMDG MD-11 and it says than it needs a version 9.1.0.40901 at miminum so I cannot install it.

When I open the fs9.exe file it says that the version is 9.0.30612.

When I run FS9 and go to the Help window it shows that the version is 9.1.40901.01

When I try to install the FS9Update (9.1.0.40929) it says that the update is already installed and halts the installation.

Could somebody help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I have the very same problem with MD-11. I already unistalled, reinstalled FS2004 and got the original version. However, when installing the FS9Update it says that the patch is already installed, which is not true, and stop the updating. Kind of getting me mad. Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

See if in your FS main folder you have a sub-folder called Backup. If you do delete that folder.

Also make sure you are running the patch from within the FS folder.

+1

Yes, indeed, What are you talking about?  Here we go again.. Bashing Microsoft!  Do you not understand, dor are you not aware that FS9 has been long discontinued? That Microsoft DID give us an update for it? 

Why not have a moan about PMDG for releasing a product that needs updates?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Just a word of warning about 9.1.  I installed it after installing many payware sceneries and aircraft.  I ran into problems with random shutdowns, strange glitches, and BSoDs.  I ended up re-formatting and starting again,

It seems the patch is best installed on to a default installation of 9.0.  Whatever you do, follow the installation instructions exactly. 

John

Supporter.png

John

Hi JS,

I have the BACKUP folder. I couldn't get what was the issue with the folder so I deleted. But had to restore.

I unistalled the FS9update, restarted the computer and ran the FS9Update from within the FS9 main folder as always.

Now I get the message: Update Error Type:34

Have no idea what is going on. 

Thanks for your input.