Sign in to follow this  
nilsca

Introducing Sim Script - Scripting In/Output of Simulators

Hi

I'm working on an input/output scripting solution for simulators - myself using FSX and Falcon BMS.

It's called Sim Script and is going to be a standalone windows application written in Python that offers input/output automation for simulators.

Scripts are written in Python - it's very easy to prototype functionality that your favourite simulator might not offer out of the box. Phidget encoder for radio tuning, joystick for gear handle operation, joystick axis partitioned into segments for key presses, etc. , Gear Up!

fsx.set("GEAR HANDLE POSITION", "Bool", 0)

At the moment one needs to work from source - a distribution package for easy install is coming soon.

If you're familiar with Python and want to give this a spin - information is available here

https://code.google..../wiki/SimScript

Cheers

Nils

Hi

I'm working on an input/output scripting solution for simulators - myself using FSX and Falcon BMS.

It's called Sim Script and is going to be a standalone windows application written in Python that offers input/output automation for simulators.

Scripts are written in Python - it's very easy to prototype functionality that your favourite simulator might not offer out of the box. Phidget encoder for radio tuning, joystick for gear handle operation, joystick axis partitioned into segments for key presses, etc. , Gear Up!

fsx.set("GEAR HANDLE POSITION", "Bool", 0)

At the moment one needs to work from source - a distribution package for easy install is coming soon.

If you're familiar with Python and want to give this a spin - information is available here

https://code.google..../wiki/SimScript

Cheers

Nils

Just one question. What do you think can be done with Python that can not be done with a Simconnect application ?

regards

Raimund

Hi Raimund

I've done a bit of coding in C against SimConnect (which is all up on my fscode site) - the problem I found is that it's cumbersome and slow (compile,test,debug,recompile).

I needed the ability to rapidly prototype my ideas and I realized that an advanced way of scripting input/output in an interpreted language (Python actually compiles for performance but that's automatic) is a huge advantage.

Check out the examples, doing this

handleUp = joysticks.get("CombatStick").getAxis(0)>0

joysticks.get("Virtual Joystick").setButton(0, handleUp)

plus doing SimConnect reads/callbacks is something that even novice folks can do with this ... simply by providing a little text-file. I'm using it for phidgets, keyboard, (virtual)keyboard, FSX, Falcon and can do things that my joysticks don't do or that are unsupported by the Sims (e.g. phidgets).

I realize there are other solutions out there - it's something that works for me and I don't mind sharing, that's all :)

Cheers

Nils

Hello,

my English being very mediocre, I wrote you through a translator. that explain syntax errors.
SIMSCRIPT interrese me a lot, as I have installed now. However I have a problem with the FSX module refuses to initialize the DLL SimConnect. would you send me some track to settle this problem.
Copy the code part that seems interested user.
thank you very much
cordially

loving this....i am not a c+ programmer but feel comfortable with scripting languages.