MdMax

FlightGear v2.8.0 is available !

Question

Hi all !

FlightGear 2.8.0 has been released and is available here:

http://www.flightgea...2-8-0-released/

Some of the major changes include:

AI Traffic

• Improved aircraft models and textures.

Flight dynamics

• FlightGear has been synced with the JSBSim project.

Environment

• Region-specific terrain textures are used for Europe and Hawaii. Now towns in Europe look different from towns in the USA.
  • Cities and towns now look more populated due to random 3D buildings, complete with lighting at night.
  • Scenery looks more realistic due to improved placement of random objects, buildings and trees.
  • Airport signs are now rendered in 3D, with support for double-sided signs. Full apt.dat 850 syntax is supported.
  • You can now select between summer and winter scenery in-sim.

Instruments & HUDs

• A new flexible, 2D rendering system designed for complex instruments such as CDUs, MFDs, EICAS, HUDs and other glass cockpit interfaces. Canvas allows aircraft designers to easily build complex instruments without needing specialized C++ code.

Interface

• Support for translation of the main menu into languages other than English.
  • A Nasal API is available allowing access to Navigation and route-manager data.

Highlighted new and improved aircraft

Project infrastructure

• Various improvements to our scenery database make it easier than ever to add, delete or update objects to the FlightGear world.
  • The new aircraft download page allows you to easily find quality aircraft, by filtering on status indications.

Visual effects

• Improved simulation of atmospheric light scattering with terrain haze.
  • An experimental renderer, named after the famous painter Rembrandt, is included for testing purposes. The Rembrandt rendered supports multiple light sources (landing lights, instrument lights), real-time shadows and ambient occlusion across aircraft and scenery for a much more realistic visual experience.

Other

• Additional joysticks and rudder pedals are supported out-of-the-box:
    • InterLink Elite
    • Micorosft Xbox 360 Controller
    • Qware USB
    • Saitek Cyborg X (F.L.Y. 5)
    • Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke
    • Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel
    • Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals
    • Speedlink Defender

[*]A French partial translation of The FlightGear Manual is now available.

715078c337.jpg

Happy flying ! B)

And those links isn't about proving it to you, they are press releases.

Will you please stop trolling these forums. You are so obvious, I bet you would love the make a review yourself.

The poster called them reviews.

Nope, it's just goes to show what your intentions are on this forum clearly. ^_^

Why? Because he didn't say, "here are the proof of my claims". Two separate sentences, but since your objective is to be only negative you choose to link them.

Then the statement "It's works out of the box for most Windows users" has no more value than saying "It doesn't work out of the box for most Windows users." in the absence of evidence either way.

Incidentally, why are you answering on the poster's behalf?

Anyway, I'm going to start up my FSX

Cool, now you learned the difference between "reviews" and a "press review". Everyone is free to write a review, but reviews are really interesting for proprietary programs. With FlightGear, you don't have to pay and you can use it for free.

I already knew what a review is:

a critical appraisal of a book, play, film, etc. published in a newspaper or magazine

Source Oxford Dictionaries Online

You still continue to get in to arguments for no reason. Maybe he called them wrong, maybe he should have said press release instead. Why do you need to trash all the threads. :blink:

No wonder they say don't feed the trolls. I should stop posting too.

wow I didn't find anything wrong with the install going through and I did it on Windows 7 and Windows 8 32 and 64 bit systems. I think those who are arguing the / or \ thing are just looking to complain because it isn't FSX. Anyways I am having stability issues in flight like my joystick isn't calibrated correctly. Anyone have a link where I could look into fixing it? I am using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Other than making it hard to land I can fly pretty well it just gets squirrelly when I start moving the joystick alot to get ready to land or take off. Other than that it looks great and runs extremely well. I think it is the Flight sim of our near future and I wanna see if I can get a good hold of how to set it up so I can teach others i play with to enjoy it as well. So any help would be appreciated.

Hi all !

Hi.
FlightGear 2.8.0 has been released and is available here: ...

Happy flying ! B)

Thx... FlightGear 2.8.0 after install not start up at my pc(3.00,1024,256x256) with WXP Sp3- I don`t understand why. Msfs again in use.