Sign in to follow this  
FSX737Pilot

What Should I Do?

Ok, I'm thinking about buying the CT182T now.

I've read the threads about all of the issues and problems , and it sounds like it might be serious. But I'm not sure if it really is that big of a deal. I checked out Flight1's T182T, and I just don't like the exterior modeling like I do Carenado.

Does anyone think that it would be worth buying the Carenado CT182T in hopes of patches being released to fix the issues? Or should I go with the King Air for now until the T182T gets its bugs worked out? Thanks.

Well, it's up to you! The Carenado looks better in- and outside, and the G1000 is much better than Microsofts default G1000. But a few items are missing - as there are others missing in Flight1's G1000, too. You will have a lot of fun with Carenados C182T, but if you are going to fly online, Flight1 might be the better choice. They update their navdata very often, Carenado uses data from 2007. Carenado sells for 33 $, Flight1 wants 40 $. I myself bought both airplanes, but like the Carenado more...

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Carenado usually makes one or two service packs within a short amount of time after product start. So the wait won't be too long and then you can decide.

For a G1000 focus, I'd head for the F1 due to the ability to create and edit flight plans and use current nav data. If that (nav) stuff isn't of much concern, I'd say both planes have their strong points.

Thanks @Pidder! I agree, I do think I would enjoy Carenado's exterior modeling better. It is fantastic.

@CoolP: I also agree. I really enjoyed Flight 1's integration of the flight plan editing. I do like realistic avionics and F1 would be the best for that.

I haven't yet decided but everyones advice is very helpful. :lol:

I'm waiting to get the Carenado 182, the textures are simply stunning!!!

The most annoying things usually get fixed fast....so it just a matter of waiting a bit...

David DD

I really enjoyed Flight 1's integration of the flight plan editing.

Can anyone confirm that an RXP GPS (430 or 530) will crossfeed to the Carenado G1000 in this model? Shouldn't matter which RPX, as if one will the other should as well. That for me would be a suitable workaround for this issue. Flight plan could be entered into the RXP then the RXP gauge toggled out of sight (if wished).

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Got the C90B. Love IT!! Thanks everyone for the help! As to your question @fppilot, I am not sure. I am a newbie to the Carenado world. Haha! I haven't bought Flight 1's model. But I've heard that it is pretty realistic with avionics.

can anyone post up some nite screenshots that show the landing lights shining on the runway (and also one to show the vc nite lighting)?

I'd like to know if they included the new style landing lights on this bird, or not...and also how scalable the interior panel and guage lighting is for nite time.

much appreciated,

Dave

Well, it's up to you! The Carenado looks better in- and outside, and the G1000 is much better than Microsofts default G1000. But a few items are missing - as there are others missing in Flight1's G1000, too. You will have a lot of fun with Carenados C182T, but if you are going to fly online, Flight1 might be the better choice. They update their navdata very often, Carenado uses data from 2007. Carenado sells for 33 $, Flight1 wants 40 $. I myself bought both airplanes, but like the Carenado more...

Hello Pidder,

as you have both planes, can you tell us quick which one to seem to be lighter on performance the F1 or the Carenado one? I own the F1 C182T , but consider also the Carenado one if it is less system demanding ?! :unsure:

Cheers!

Hello Pidder,

as you have both planes, can you tell us quick which one to seem to be lighter on performance the F1 or the Carenado one? I own the F1 C182T , but consider also the Carenado one if it is less system demanding ?! :unsure:

Cheers!

I've tested both airplanes with the new photoscenery from Belgium, Plan-G and Active Sky and have not seen any big difference in performance.

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

can anyone post up some nite screenshots that show the landing lights shining on the runway (and also one to show the vc nite lighting)?

I'd like to know if they included the new style landing lights on this bird, or not...and also how scalable the interior panel and guage lighting is for nite time.

much appreciated,

Dave

It does. You just need to add GPSLink=On to the .INI file. :)

So the Carenado takes as many fps as the F1? :unsure:

On my system there is no big difference. Both planes are running smooth. Maybee F1 takes the frames with their G1000 and Carenado with 4096-HD-textures, don't know.

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Yeah, seems like the glass rule in FSX applies. Having big glass units in front of you means living with a (larger) bit of fps impact.