Sign in to follow this  
Spawntscuk1

No Ground Power Option

Hi

Just getting back into Fs2004 after a long break, Downloaded Fresh Installers of the PMDG Boeing 747-400 and the 747-400F cargo version and installed. Was planning on doing a cargo flight in the 400F flight from ELLX to KORD. Then I realised for some unknown reason I had no ground power available. Well I thought to myself it's been a long time since you've flown this plane you must be doing something wrong. On checking the manual there is supposed to be an option in the PMDG Options file that is installed withing FS that you can use to alter various options to do with the plane, to enable ground power.

Ground Power / Pneumatic Air Availability:

This option allows the user to select whether ground electric/pneumatic services are available to

the aircraft. Note that the aircraft MUST be parked in order to use these services, and upon

selection/de-selection, it may take up to two minutes for ground crews to connect your aircraft!

Under none of the various options do I have this function, it does not appear anywhere.

I only have one other PMDG aircraft installed the MD11 which off the top of my head I think I installed this before I installed the latest version for the 747-44 series.

What could be causing this issue that the ground option does not appear in the PMDG Menus.

I also noticed last night whilst following along with Angle Of Attacks tutorial video from EGLL to LEPA in the MD11 that the elevators where oscilating wildy up and down during the climb and descent. Seemed to appear to be okay in the cruise. Also I had set the trim correctly but the plane did not want to take off the runway till well after V2. Could the installation be faulty? And could this be in someway affecting the ground option not to appear in the PMDG menu. I recently had a major hardrive crash on the drive that I save all my downloads, some files where completely erased, others seemed to have been corrupted in some way or other so could the file that I used to install the MD11 be corrupted?

Looking forward to you replys as I wanna get this bird up in the air as soon as or she's gonna start to get rusty.

Regards Jason

Okay, Here's what I just did to try to fix the ground power issue. Uninstalled the PMDG MD11 and uninstalled the 747-400 and 747-400F.

Reinstalled just the PMDG 747-400, after diabling Norton AV and Windows Defender. Loaded up fs and loaded up the default flight in the cessna at Seattle. Loaded up the PMDG 747-400 checked the menus from the drop down PMDG within fs and still no ground power option. Has this been omitted in the latest Installers, as these are fresh downloaded installers so they are the latest versions which I obtained within the last day or so. So it's obviously not the MD11 that was causing the problem. I can confirm however after setting the panel to cold and dark that the gound power light became available and I was able to connect the ground power. Can someone at PMDG support comment on this. I will now reinstall the 747-400F and check the ground power.

Regards Jason

Have you given yourself admin rights to your FSX directory, and are you running FSX as an admin?

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the reply but if you read my post correctly you see I stated FS2004 and yes I got admin rights im the only person using this pc. Seemed to have fixed the Ground option as it comes on automatically. Although the option in PMDG menu is still not there. Currently experiencing another problem. I just started a flight, took off but the autopilot will not stay on it just disconnects straight away. I am on course with the fmc flightplan so shouldn't be a problem. Try to reconnect but just disconnects straight away, Disconnected my joystick, still the same the autopilot will not engage. There are no arning messages on the display. Everything is connected and turned on as it should be on the overhead. So I don't know why the autopilot will not stay turned on.

Any Thoughts?

Jason

yes I got admin rights im the only person using this pc

Being the only person on the PC doesn't mean you have admin rights. You may have an administrator account, but you need to give the account specific admin rights to the folder structure. More specifically, you're allowing the program to make changes as if you were making the changes directly. FSX versus FS9 doesn't matter, it's more anyone using Vista/Win7.

What do you mean "the option in PMDG menu is still not there"? As I remember, that box is never checked. You only go in and check it in the case that the aforementioned algorithm doesn't set you up with ground power when you shut down. Checking it forces the option in that instance only.

As far as your autopilot problem goes, a screenshot would help immensely.

Kyle Rodgers

MM Sry mate I know what i'm doing im a long time user of FS2004 and have flown many different types of aircraft ranging from PMDG's boeing series and MD11, FeelTheres Airbus and boeing, Ifly's Boeing etcf, so I am not a noob when it comes to flying complicated aircraft. Just the first time I have experienced these problems.

Basically climbing out from ELLX FMC programmed correctly, LNAV, VNAV armed but when i'm at 1500ft the will not stay connected. it's not the joystick cos I unplugged it to see if it was any control spikes causing this. As soon as I try to connect the autopilot, it immediately disconnects, warning siren goes off and the words in red Autoplilot Disc appear on the dipslay. I'm gonna try to reset up a different shorter flight and try it again.

Regards Jason

Okay tested something else out. I have Angle Of Attack's 747 training and loaded up the default cessna at seattle, I then loaded up a presaved flight via flights/select a flight then I chose AOA 747-400 Flight Training - Climb. Once loaded I load the saved panel that goes along with this flight Everything loads the fine but again the autopilot will not remain engaged, automatically disconnects straight away. This is a fresh install and this happens on both the 747-400 and 400F version, using brand new installers recently downloaded from PMDG's website. I have the latest version of FSUIPC installed. Running on Windows Vista 32 bit 4 gig. FS2004 is a brand new installation, so I don't understand what is causing this issue. Checked atopilot on a fefault boeing aircraft and it worked fine.

Regards Jason

Sry mate I know what i'm doing im a long time user of FS2004 and have flown many different types of aircraft ranging from PMDG's boeing series and MD11, FeelTheres Airbus and boeing, Ifly's Boeing etcf, so I am not a noob when it comes to flying complicated aircraft. Just the first time I have experienced these problems.

I honestly don't care about your credentials. Even pilots with thousands of hours put planes into mountains. I never called them into question, so I'm not sure what prompted that. All I was trying to do is troubleshoot with the (little) information you gave me. Good luck, though.

Kyle Rodgers