Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Upper Case Rule..

Just noticed over at the Official Orbx site...

http://www.orbxsyste...bers-must-read/

... entitled

ALL MEMBERS MUST READ

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

IT IS A GOOD THING WE CAN WRITE IN ALL CAP HERE .

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE

IT MUST BE RIDICULOUS FOR A FORUM TO ASK USER TO WRITE IN LOWER CASE .

..I do not even like using it for announcements as such but as of now I enforce this rule strictly...

Seriously? He's trying to get attention so that people won't do it, and as he states in the quote he doesn't like using it himself.

It isn't ridiculous at all, normally people hate when there is a caps post or thread, it's very offputting and annoying.

Come on guys, be realistic.

lol seriously? Have you not anything better to do ? God ..

Just FYI, all major forum software has a function inbuilt to make your caps go lower case, most forums enforce it automatically without users knowing, I however do not use that function but every once in a while I let people know to stop trying to be attention seekers ;)

Yes - seriously. 1). All of us long-time and serious 'simmers' know and accept that it's only the juvenile - the 12 to 17 year-old lads that use caps to get attention, and they're generally rebuked by responding members, aren't they?

2). Yes - I'm aware that almost all web servers have a function to properly format both header and content - so why would one not use it? .. and 3). " I however do not use that function but every once in a while I let people know to stop trying to be attention seekers"... Do you not see the irony in your own post?

We knowingly use proper format so as not to create offense, particularly avoiding bold as well, and in constructing a message like this one - most adults will also avoid wording which demands "all members MUST read this" - which in itself - is offensive. I'm 67 years old - just a little retired guy with time and a bit of money in my hands, and I make most of my online purchases because I like the product, most of the devs and I like the manner in which I'm treated during, and after the purchase. In that time, one should be especially conscious of the customers' "feelings" and the emotions at play, and I'm afraid - at least in my case - this little "happening" here has not lessened the bad taste that was left (in my mouth) after the OrbX December/January sale management issue.

My apologies if this made you feel uncomfortable - but you made me feel quite uncomfortable in the first place.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

is this really an issue ? should we make a topic about avsim rules ?

or is it just that nothing has happen worth complaining about so people had to find something .

you all say it is not positive there . this place leaves a taste of bitter people

And the beat goes on, la di da di dah. :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just noticed over at the Official Orbx site...

http://www.orbxsyste...bers-must-read/

... entitled

In your sarcasm and attempt to show irony, you've showed how petty folks can be. The irony being, of course, that this thread is the petty and pointless one. No offense Paul, I'm sure you have your reasons.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

You're right, of course, as is the petty nature of the whole "Unofficial Orbx" forum.

A lot of people were financially stung last Christmas, including me, and that was followed by a fascist-like, overbearing pogrom in which dozens of good, normal active simmers - and OrbX customers were banned for merely speaking of their experience. That overbearing "You will do it MY way" continues, and this tidbit is right up there, part of the "beat" as Ron puts it. They don't listen or learn from their customers.

:mellow: And all that across-the-board ranting because they have a thread on the upper case letters? JayKae is a good and fair one, as you will surely know. And I think this forum should keep the chuckle moments alive, leaving out the rest.

Smiling brings folks together. :smile: I liked the humour in using THIS to tell them that.

You're right, of course, as is the petty nature of the whole "Unofficial Orbx" forum.

A lot of people were financially stung last Christmas, including me, and that was followed by a fascist-like, overbearing pogrom in which dozens of good, normal active simmers - and OrbX customers were banned for merely speaking of their experience. That overbearing "You will do it MY way" continues, and this tidbit is right up there, part of the "beat" as Ron puts it. They don't listen or learn from their customers.

you do not appear to be buying stuff there because it do not appeal to your emotion so why do you care ? is there another reason ? if i was throw out of a store and did not like the store i would not spend there . standing across the street with a sign make no sense

in my opinion this is just picking at the issue for the purpose of pickng at the issue

Yes - I'm aware that almost all web servers have a function to properly format both header and content - so why would one not use it? .. and 3). " I however do not use that function but every once in a while I let people know to stop trying to be attention seekers"... Do you not see the irony in your own post?

Yes I do realise it was ironic and I acknowledged that in that post too, the reason why I do not use it is because it would also get rid of proper ICAO code, so YMML would become ymml and people do not like that :)

.. JayKae is a good and fair one ..

Thanks mate, I appreciate the sentiment.

As far as fascist-like goes, maybe you should think before you write, I will just say that I am Jewish and I am highly offended by that comment

Just to clarify my 'beat goes on' comment. I was referring to the inter-forum sniping still going on. The fire has long gone out.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

JayKae is a good and fair one,

Indeed he his, agreeing with him or not he his, so I'll take this opportunity to ask him why some of us were banned without any explainations or warnings, fairness demand an explaination.

As for the OP fascist statement, I don't think he is referring to the holocaust in any way or shape, I don't see his comment in that context since we are talking about business here, I see the OP reference as a person who is dictatorial and a person who want things his way only.

Thank you, Alain! That is absolutely the context - his interpretation only lends credence to him having some sort of automatic intellectual defensive mechanism. I don't like bullies. Period. That's it. Plain and simple. "YOU MUST DO THIS! YOU MUST DO THAT!". It's the perception of an attitude. Nothing else. The DarthVader/Batman hat. End of story.