Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Upper Case Rule..

CoolP, on 21 August 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

JayKae is a good and fair one,

Indeed he his, agreeing with him or not he his, so I'll take this opportunity to ask him why some of us were banned without any explainations or warnings, fairness demand an explaination.

Will probably never happen. I include myself in 'us', but you know Alain they don't really care about us anymore.

so I'll take this opportunity to ask him why some of us were banned without any explainations or warnings, fairness demand an explaination.

We may agree on Jay being on of the guys still taking care of the banned folks, just by visiting this very forum and even answering and helping. I also think that he (personally) did not ban any of you.

Therefore, what some of you are doing/trying is blaming the messenger. Some others write all Orbx folks down to 'they' by adding ' "they" don't care about us'. :(

Nobody questions your upset state about being banned. But the across-the-board ways of doing so and perhaps the time span of actually being upset are noticed I guess. It's been months since then and, as Ron also points out, this should have been enough time.

I was referring to the inter-forum sniping still going on. The fire has long gone out.

So why not keep the mood up, leave out al the useless attacks, welcome the folks like Jay and, most of all, really hold on to your own words? Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

End of story.

Sounds easier than it is, huh? No comment on the wording before that. :mellow:

I don't think that Avsim/Steven planned these forums to allow old grudges to start again and again every few days. As said, perhaps stick to the chuckle moments and actually try to smile. I don't see why a single banned forum should affect one's life or even 'sim career' that much. I wouldn't allow this to happen.

I think that quite some of those banned folks do good and make this forum a nice and useful place. Lets look at them, acting as a role-model. :smile:

I think that quite some of those banned folks do good and make this forum a nice and useful place. Lets look at them, acting as a role-model.

You know what got my banned in the first place? It was from posting in this freaking forum!

And personal life aside I can have a bad day with FSX or any other game I play or get into a dispute with those I play or fly with but NOTHING gets me more angry and frustrated than knowing how easily things could have been settled months ago. Negative personal hits is something I never want to do, but reading what others have to say (all to their own opinions) I really feel like doing that. Sorry if my post sounds aggressive but that is really just how I feel reading topics like these related to the company.

We may agree on Jay being on of the guys still taking care of the banned folks, just by visiting this very forum and even answering and helping. I also think that he (personally) did not ban any of you.

As I said Jay is a fair man.

Therefore, what some of you are doing/trying is blaming the messenger. Some others write all Orbx folks down to 'they' by adding ' "they" don't care about us'. :(

I've never blamed the messenger, calling him a fair man and blaming him for somebody else decisions would not make sense would it?

Nobody questions your upset state about being banned. But the across-the-board ways of doing so and perhaps the time span of actually being upset are noticed I guess. It's been months since then and, as Ron also points out, this should have been enough time.

You are wrong about me been upset, not agreeing with something is not been upset, I feel for all Orbx's customers who got the screw on the pre-sale/sale, (I was not one of them). According to my wife I have a big mouth but like she told me before "At least you put your money where your mouth is".

Just to help on the context, Alain.

You were demanding an explanation form the guy not being involved in your banning. In fact, from one person actually caring about you folks (hence my messenger example). Is he the one actually being able to explain anything to you? Ask yourself. Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

As for the other statements. Thanks for answering them. Please keep in mind that some more people are posting here, therefore, if I write about the upset part, I may not necessarily refer to you. But it's nice seeing a non upset guy in between, that's for sure. ^_^

The fact alone that the 'funny' thread on the warning about using upper cases quickly turned into the dreaded 'they against us' war attempt, may leave a statement on how upset (or not) some folks are. Reasonable on the case, somehow ridiculous on the time span and wording.

To be clear, using the words fascist and pogrom in one sentence when it comes to expressing that upset state is, by all means, inappropriate, especially in regard to the 'topic' as we're just talking about a forum ban in the Orbx forums.

Same as Jay, I saw more than one warning light coming up by the clumsy usage of those phrases. Very, very disturbing, which is the nicest possible way for me to put it. :mellow:

So I repeat my advise to stay positive and friendly to those folks still looking for you guys. Jay is one of them and if you draw the sword every time they post something, this doesn't make it look very matured. Even worse, it may act as a 'good' example. I certainly wouldn't allow this to happen. :Peace:

"This is in regards to the bane of my existence.. CAPS!

Rule #3

3 ) Please do not post a thread using CAPS for the subject to attract attention, it is considered to be shouting and rude. Orbx staff may use CAPS for important announcements, such as product releases or community announcements

I do not even like using it for announcements as such but as of now I enforce this rule strictly, no matter of there being a lot of replies to a topic, it will be deleted without notification.

You have to understand that when I come and quickly check on the forums if everything is running smooth, I look out for announcements I need to know about or if someone needs my attention they could be posting it in the forums. I do not need to see subjects of every day topics in CAPS to attract other people's attention.

I trust you understand."

I do and Could not agree more Jay.

------------------------------------------------

As for the all the replies on here

double-facepalm1.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Wow, incredible topic... Incredible useless topic! I am amazed some people still seem to be upset and can even get angry about something that happened some 8 months ago! Really! What's the use of posting on AVSIM that typing in upper case isn't allowed on the Orbx forum? Afaik posting in caps isn't popular and frowned upon on ANY forum... The fact that someone makes a big deal out if this really amazes me!

IT MUST BE RIDICULOUS FOR A FORUM TO ASK USER TO WRITE IN LOWER CASE .

Keep on doing this and I assure you one of the mods will ask you to stop doing that. :wink:

My goodness, I almost feel sorry for some of you...

@Alain, there was a myriad of circumstances at the time, I am not here to have an argument, I was just here to explain the situation of my post over at Orbx.

Look, ultimately we are all in this for the love of the hobby and if I did not care about you I would not have suggested and created the limited user forum and I would have said 'bugger you all'. It took a lot of time and effort to at least give you that limited user forum so you can at least ask us questions if you have to.

All forums have rules we might not necessarily like but such is life, not everything goes our way. As far as Paul's comment goes, I will leave it alone for peace sake.

All forums that I am an admin for are run a different way and like it or not, even I have to abide by the rules and parameters those forums set.

I am deeply saddened that some people feel the need to have a go at me on a personal basis, not necessarily on here but in email, PM with false user accounts and other means. You would gringe at the rubbish I get thrown at me for enforcing rules or said parameters. After my first death threat a couple of years ago I have taken all personal photos and the likes of the net because frankly it scared the living daylights out of me. The worst one being an email sent with a picture of Batman having his throat cut by a really bad dude and the background being a Swastika.

Situations come and go but human behaviour seems to be the most unpredictable factor of all situations especially in this little niche hobby of ours. People get passionate and take things too far at times. I have no quarrel with any of you, not even Hendo and I like to keep it that way.

Now, can you please go back to just having a good time? :)

@Alain, there was a myriad of circumstances at the time, I am not here to have an argument, I was just here to explain the situation of my post over at Orbx.

Thank you for your post Jay, I understand what your saying.

Look, ultimately we are all in this for the love of the hobby and if I did not care about you I would not have suggested and created the limited user forum and I would have said 'bugger you all'. It took a lot of time and effort to at least give you that limited user forum so you can at least ask us questions if you have to.

Thank you for creating that sub-forum for us, like I said before I've always considered you a fair man.

All forums have rules we might not necessarily like but such is life, not everything goes our way. As far as Paul's comment goes, I will leave it alone for peace sake.

All forums that I am an admin for are run a different way and like it or not, even I have to abide by the rules and parameters those forums set.

I always said "Their forums their rules" , we agree on that.

I am deeply saddened that some people feel the need to have a go at me on a personal basis, not necessarily on here but in email, PM with false user accounts and other means. You would gringe at the rubbish I get thrown at me for enforcing rules or said parameters. After my first death threat a couple of years ago I have taken all personal photos and the likes of the net because frankly it scared the living daylights out of me. The worst one being an email sent with a picture of Batman having his throat cut by a really bad dude and the background being a Swastika.

To me, personal attack is always uncalled for, we may agree or disagree on something but we should always keep it civil, you should have seen what I was called on other forums when I told them the way Flight would be released...I know the feeling.

Situations come and go but human behaviour seems to be the most unpredictable factor of all situations especially in this little niche hobby of ours. People get passionate and take things too far at times. I have no quarrel with any of you, not even Hendo and I like to keep it that way.

It never cross my mind about you having a quarrel with me or anybody else for that matter, I always considered you as a straight shooter.

Now, can you please go back to just having a good time? :)

That's exactly what I'll be doing as I just saw my wife walking in front of me with almost nothing on... :o)

Stay safe Flying Jay.

Ok. Enough already. I did a stupid, and mostly without thinking, and so I guess I apologize to all, and to Jay - and thanks, Alaine for at least showing some insight vis-a'-vis my fascist remark. It was not obvious to me, at least - maybe I'm slow - that the whole Christmas fiasco is dead and buried, but like me, I'm sure there are still a few that do feel that way. I shouldn't have picked at Jay: it was pretty juvenile: he does his job as he sees fit.

Being in my second year of retirement, maybe I do have too much time on my hands. It ought to be devoted to more constructive tasks than mud-slinging: maybe I should take up painting aircraft like Ron...

JayKae - I apologize once again, and similarly to those here who were taken aback at my foolishness.

Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

JayKae - I apologize once again, and similarly to those here who were taken aback at my foolishness.

And with that, this topic is closed.