Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Milviz T-38 or Lotussim L-39?

Since Milviz has a generous sale with 50% off the price, I'm gonna add the B55 next to the 310 in my hangar. Which means I am heading down a well known path from FS9 - buying too many add-ons that I don't have the time to fly, but it's just out of my control... :P

However, I can easily justify adding also a military jet into my hangar since I've never had one. Of course the Milviz T-38 looks very handsome, especially at that price, but I also know the Lotussim L-39 has a lot of dedicated followers. What I am looking for is a jet that IRL can be privately owned/used that I can boom and zoom around the valleys in my ORBX world, ie a fun, agile "vfr"-jet! The RealityXP 530 can be easily fit into the L-39 which is a big plus, but the VC looks much better in the T-38 (I always fly with TrackIR).

Is the L-39 still ahead of the competition or is the Talon on the same level, but at half the price? I'd prefer rewarding Milviz but ultimately want the "better" one!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I think that, with your description, the L-39 will fit better. It's not too big, not too fast, can land 'short' (for that kind of plane), offers the RXP integration (430, not 530) and still comes with nice stuff like the VC rain, cool lights and superb fps.

In my eyes, the Lotussim has set a mark and still leads the pack in some chapters. For that VFR stuff, the more docile nature of the beast may come in handy whereas the T-38A kicks a.. for the fast things. She needs some runway.

Talon is awesome, but if you're looking for fast VFR aircraft for ORBX exploration, go with L-39. You can land even on grass strips and short runways.

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like you understood exactly what I am looking for. Albatross! Albtratoss!!!! What flavour is it?!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The LotusSim L39, is brilliant!!

The L39 is one of those development highlights that set the bar higher in FSX, expressions like Lotus Sim Landing Lights became part of the dialect after its release, it’s a fascinating Simulation and as the jet itself can be purchased used and rebuilt there are some few in private hands, others racing a treat to fly though demanding.

The T38 is a trainer, pure and simple it’s designed to replicate every aspect of the plane, including the learning curve that is something many find attractive, linear progression through the stages of mastering jets in preparation for going really fast.

The LotusSim L39, is brilliant!!

+1. One of the best VC's I have ever seen. Supreme quality. Beautiful aeroplane.

Thanks guys - downloading the L-39 right now and also bought the B55 from AVSIM. 12 euros, that's like 2 beers at the local pub!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The L39 will also do IFR of course :) The instrumentation is a little different than us USA guys are used to though :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I recommend you take a serious look at the Milviz F-15E Strike Eagle. You can always leave all the fun parts like the air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons that cause visible damage in FSX on the ground and use the NASA repaint and convince yourself you are doing serious flight dynamics research in the Pacific Northwest. 1/2 off and twice the fun.

Check the recent Avsim review.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray, that's one serious review you got there and it certainly brings back memory flashes from Janes F-15 for me too. :) In real world I handle a beast that tops 80 knots on a good day so it definitely would be... different!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------