Sign in to follow this  
stigt

Goflight TQ6 reverse thrust

Hi all, I am using my Goflight TQ6 throttle system with the NGX, and it works perfect on all axis, programmed with FSUIPC.

My problem is that I can't find a way to program the reverse thrust. In the TQ 6 these are operated through buttons on separate small levers. When you pull these small levers all the way back with the throttle lever in idle position, the button on the small lever is pushed and reverse thrust is applied. So far, so good. The problem is that when I advance the throttle lever to full, this button on the small lever is also pushed, thereby reducing the throttle to idle, which is never a good thing during a climb...

Has anyone found an FSUIPC solution for the reverse thrust button on the TQ6?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

I set the buttons up to have F2 continuously when pressed, and F1 on button release.

Hi Graham, thanks for your reply. How do you deal with the issue that the buttons are also pressed when you advance the throttle levers to full?

regards,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Aha, thanks. Is there a possibility to let FSUIPC only carry out the button press when the throttle levers are in a certain state (idle) ? Graham's solution is a bit awkward for me, because when I am climbing I just want to push the throttle all the way forward, without the risk of accidentally touching the reverse button and ruining the thrust setting.

Cheers,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Theoretically it is possibly. You could program a code, that when you have for example, >10% thrust, the reverser buttons do not work and <10% they do, That should be possible with FSUIPC Offsets and with LUA. But do not ask me how to do that in detail... Maybe Pete Dowson can help you.

Cheers

Thanks David, I'll post this question on Pete's page, and will report back here for other users who might have this issue.

Cheers,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

For those interested: I found a solution for this problem after toying around with FSUIPC. You can tackle my problem by creating two FSUIPC offset conditions, with the following changes to FSUIPC.ini

My original lines in FSUIPC.ini for the reverse thrust buttons were :

21=RC,2,C65966,0

22=RC,1,C65971,0

And I changed these lines to:

21=W3330<5000 RC,2,C65966,0

22=W3332<5000 RC,1,C65971,0

This creates the offset condition that the thrust lever axis (separate lines for throttle 1 and throttle 2) output should be lower than 5000 for the button function to be called.

Works like a charm now.

Regards,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

I apologize for replying to a thread that is nearly 4 years old but it didn't seem to make sense to start a new one. I am trying to configure my TQ6 the way that Arjen did. However, my fsuipc.ini is from version 4.x.x. The newer ini file is coded differently. Does anyone know how to implement Arjen's solution using the newer fsuipc.ini?

Thank you,

For those interested: I found a solution for this problem after toying around with FSUIPC. You can tackle my problem by creating two FSUIPC offset conditions, with the following changes to FSUIPC.ini

My original lines in FSUIPC.ini for the reverse thrust buttons were :

21=RC,2,C65966,0

22=RC,1,C65971,0

And I changed these lines to:

21=W3330<5000 RC,2,C65966,0

22=W3332<5000 RC,1,C65971,0

This creates the offset condition that the thrust lever axis (separate lines for throttle 1 and throttle 2) output should be lower than 5000 for the button function to be called.

Works like a charm now.

Regards,

Or you can buy the FSC 737 TQ like i just have. Thrust reverse works like a charm

Vernon Howells

Or you can buy the FSC 737 TQ like i just have. Thrust reverse works like a charm

That is a beautiful unit but it might cause some problems for me.

1. It won't mount in my Obutto R3volution cockpit too easily.

2. Flying the PMDG MD-11 would leave me feeling like I'm missing something essential.

3. My wife might kill me.

In all seriousness, I have received some guidance from Pete Dowson on editing my fsuipc.ini. I hope to have my reverse working like it should as soon as I get a chance to edit it.

Ian

I have this unit. Can you please tell me how you get the reverse thrust levers working within fsuipc? Thank you

Eric