Sign in to follow this  
cubs

747 2.0 (removing old version first)

Hi

Does anyone know how the new version of the 747 2.0 will interact with the old version. Should we uninstall the old version before installing the new version?

thanks

Doug Morlan

P.S. I'm looking forward to the 777, but I really love the 747 and am paitiantlly waiting for her to be released.

Hi

Does anyone know how the new version of the 747 2.0 will interact with the old version. Should we uninstall the old version before installing the new version?

thanks

Doug Morlan

P.S. I'm looking forward to the 777, but I really love the 747 and am paitiantlly waiting for her to be released.

Hi Doug,

I'm not sure how we could know, yet. But using a little common sense (if you hang around here all the time!): The V2 version will be a from-the-ground-up new product. That means it won't share anything with the first iteration of the 747-400, except perhaps nav data. ie no uninstalling of the old product.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I think Ryan said that as they are entirely different planes from an addon point of view, you can just have both installed at the same time with no adverse effects. Though, I suspect it is still way too early to say for sure as they have presumably only just started working on it, if that.

But I can't see why it would be any different from having say PMDG 737 and IFly 737 installed at the same time.

The name 747X 2.0 is a misnomer in my opinion. It is a completely brand-new simulation poroduct being developed by PMDG. They are making a new model, inside and out, imporving dynamics of flight, performance, textures, sounds, systems, and taking the latest technology developed from the 737NGX and 777X to make it an all-new, super-realistic product. It will be just like the 737NGX, as close as it gets to reality, and everything will be brand-new. It isn't like other products called '2.0', where they are a development on the first, the 747-4XX (which I'll call the new one) isn't related to the other, except that they are PMDG. Later, they will have a Boeing 747-8 which will have its own flight model, and unique performance that will equal the real-world 747-8. I don't know if there will be a Dreamlifter or not.

Inactive

Your putting the cart in front of the horse. Or at least hitching the cart up a year before its time to go.

It was my understanding that the 777 could be released late 2012 or early 2013 and the 747 2.0 two or three months after the release of the 777.

I think PMDG usually ends up taking twice as long as they think it will take and three times as long as the average forum visitor thinks. :lol:

They are fans of simming like you and I, and they will always end up pushing the boundaries of what they can do which leads to delays that I am sure they had not planned either. The 777 has now been in production for little over a year I think, and I believe they have recently started on the 747, so it seems optimistic to expect its release within just couple of months after the 777.

The point is though is that they are always worth the wait, and in the end we wouldn't want it any other way.

I think PMDG usually ends up taking twice as long as they think it will take and three times as long as the average forum visitor thinks. :lol:

I really think they get like we do, and when you get the bird in game and start rolling through Alpha a lot of "what ifs" start rolling through your mind. Then all of the testers and us start thinking "well this would be cool, and that would be awesome!" Then you wind up down the road thinking wow this took awhile. In the end though you are right it winds up making for a far better product.. I know some of the things we debate on our team are out there. RSR talking about doing arithemetic and things though for hydraulic fluid temperatures, and tons of other stuff though takes the cake. I think it would be cool to see a behind the scenes PMDG building of an aircraft. Especially since I am involved in real life aviation and schematics and such fascinate me. I am not so sure how I feel about the 747 V2 though. I still like the legacy one, and while it is showing its age I still think she is holding her ground even in todays sim era. I think if anything I am more excited about the 747-8's that will be fully functional. As I resisted temptation to just get the exterior models. Now those will be cool.

No common files at all between the two - you'll be able to have both installed if you want. (though I doubt anyone will actually want this with how much the new one will blow the old away)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

True, a 747 at NGX quality! It's going to be quite a popular plane.

I wonder when there will be any previews. Probably not until 777 is out?

Ask in 2 years!

I wish the development cycle could be faster. :(

No common files at all between the two - you'll be able to have both installed if you want. (though I doubt anyone will actually want this with how much the new one will blow the old away)

:Drooling:

I'll make the uninstall a ceremony by flying to victorville with a special thank you PMDG livery once she's out. I think you'll like it :wub:

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png