Posted Image

I have never heard of this before.

STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

What the heck does this do?

All the rest are known tweaks.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It's a bit odd to 'release' a 'hotfix' which is nothing else but a bunch of known tweaks, isn't it...? Besides, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400...? I think most cfg-guru's will agree that number is way too high! They simply should have linked to Word Not Allowed's guide. :wink:

BTW Afaik the STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD tweak doesn't do much: I can't remember anyone using that and getting a clear difference in performance. It's an odd and rather random mix of tweaks, that hotfix.

I think it's just a collection of tweaks for those who don't use a tweaked cfg.

But that TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 is totaly wrong.

I think it's just a collection of tweaks for those who don't use a tweaked cfg.

But that TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 is totaly wrong.

Yeah that sounds a bit... unlikely.

But I've seen stranger things.

TBM 400 Rolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gif

And man, again a "patch" that doesn't cover water 2.x high but using bp=0, or using it with any hardware, or with too slow GPU vs fast CPU... Nothing about that mentioned there.

Let's observe the problem-cases starting to flow in...

Yup this just seems to be weird.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

TBM 400 Rolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gifRolling%20Eyes.gif

And man, again a "patch" that doesn't cover water 2.x high but using bp=0, or using it with any hardware, or with too slow GPU vs fast CPU... Nothing about that mentioned there.

The fact that I completely understand everything you're talking about makes me realise how much I've learnt from you (and others). Thanks once again :)

Let's observe the problem-cases starting to flow in...

I already know that you need to use High 2.x water with UsePools=0, but I'm wondering, why that?

but I'm wondering, why that?

It seems to negate the artifacts that may occur when using BP=0

Why would anyone in their "right FSX mind" run 2 extra shader passes with water set to high, just to get rid of flashes and glitches from BP=0, when you can get even better performance by doing like Nick:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/different-scenarios-different-settings-thats-how_topic41798.html

Yep, I know, he´s maybe outdated with all the new stuff around, and he´s grumpy and arrogant, an old, maybe, I guess, not really hip, right??

Why would anyone in their "right FSX mind" run 2 extra shader passes with water set to high, just to get rid of flashes and glitches from BP=0, when you can get even better performance by doing like Nick:

That is a fair statement,however the performance enhancement with the (BP tweak=0), has proven to be an outastanding tweak for many users,including me.