Sign in to follow this  
Civvy

couple of minor faults after a new build

everything is running again but i dont know what im missing to cause this..

my aircraft are starting out nose into the terminal

theyre jumping on the runway like theyve just fell off a kurb

theres a faint image of the original FSX runway (pre-Xtreme install)

traffic are taxing on the grass!!

what?

Reinstall. There is probably no way to fix this. Don't even attempt a repair--I have done that, only to have everything messed up BADLY (as in, I had aircraft with every single piece flying in its own bubble; engines decomposed, seats outside the cabin, APU in the cockpit...).

Do you have this installed in the default directory? Are you using Win7? X64?

everything is running again but i dont know what im missing to cause this..

my aircraft are starting out nose into the terminal

theyre jumping on the runway like theyve just fell off a kurb

theres a faint image of the original FSX runway (pre-Xtreme install)

traffic are taxing on the grass!!

what?

Where?

What aircraft?

Xtreme install? What's that?

We need more information.

Reinstall. There is probably no way to fix this. Don't even attempt a repair--I have done that, only to have everything messed up BADLY (as in, I had aircraft with every single piece flying in its own bubble; engines decomposed, seats outside the cabin, APU in the cockpit...).

Do you have this installed in the default directory? Are you using Win7? X64?

Suggesting a re-install can bring more issues for new users, given FSX's problems making a clean uninstall and the inevitable issues that come with a re-install thereafter. So suggesting a reinstall before knowing what the problem even is seems an extreme measure. Especially this late at night when there's no one to stop someone taking that advice just yet. ^_^ Just my opinion, of course!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Airports in the UK.

I noticed, it not just my aircraft that jumping, others are too.

Xtreme- UK2000scenery

so, all the aircraft are jumping even when stationary, perhaps once a minute. The smoke comes off the wheels and the screech is heard.

i am running 7 (64bit)

Suggesting a re-install can bring more issues for new users, given FSX's problems making a clean uninstall and the inevitable issues that come with a re-install thereafter. So suggesting a reinstall before knowing what the problem even is seems an extreme measure. Especially this late at night when there's no one to stop someone taking that advice just yet. Just my opinion, of course!

Sorry--I meant a clean install. I know it can be hard, but if you use registry cleaners and really carefully sweep your system, this should work. I have done this before, but once again, due to FSX's unpredictable nature, there is no way to really know the best option.