Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

ILS alignment issues

I applied the Flight1 registry. No result. Still MD-11 does not lines up with RW9 KSAN. 

I just landed KNSI RW30. MD-11 keep lines up right side of the ILS runway.

Did you run flight 1 registry  as admin rights

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes, I run as admin rights. . All Hkey_Local_Machin\SOFTWARE\....  correctly installed. Still MD-11X landing 12 degrees right to the RW9 KNAS.

If possible some one can try to land KNAS RW09.  I have ILS frequency 110.90  CRS: 093 as in FSX MAP, but FAA app chart has 111.55 CRS:092 for KSAN

THX

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Works fine  at my end  used  ils freq 110.90/093  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have been sometimes having the same problem with the MD-11...applied the registry fix but Im still always prepared to do a manual landing with any ILS approach and the  MD--11

EXCEPT i swear the 737 does it as well sometimes...i use GEX/UTX/FS GENESIS REX (Genesis screwed with the airports a lot vertically but not so much vertically )

do you want to make a list of say 5 airports that ALWAYS fail for you and i will try them all in 737 and MD-11 (and 747 for completeness too)

RG

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Russell Hi.

Md-11X and 747-400X has same problems. Almost all airports ILS landing must be done by hand flying. NG737X no problem.

Try my home base KEWR 22R with 747 and MD11.

Here is my 747X ILS auto landing RW22L at KEWR,yesterday night.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4015/747kewr2.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7641/747kewr1.jpg

Pete Hi,

Thanks for your test flight.If you landed without any incident, then there is some thing going wrong in my FSX. May be I should get help from PMDG support..

Ahmet Sanal

Could you please try the following: 

Disable ALL Add On sceneries (including Add On Scenery folder itself) and try again with default scenery only. If that solves your problem, enable each add on scenery step by step to find the afcad file that causes the trouble. 

With FS9, corrupted afcads anywhere in the world were known to create such problems. Could be the same with FSX. But I am not sure about this as I dont use FSX. 

But maybe its worth a try. 

Jan-Paul

Ok I will try your home airport today. Personally I have had two types of ILS landing issues with the heavies. Same as yours with the plane displaying correct localizer but failing to follow it and also another issue with the localizer centered and plane tracking the threshold from a 10 degree intercept. The latter would be from incorrect runway placement in fsx due to scenery or updated real nav data but the first don't make sense.

Can you confirm if you have updated the navigraph data since install? I have 2013 March installed and for example many airports are shifter 10deg to compensate for real world polar shift. (I believe that's the reason).

For example Tampa KTPA changed its runways by one degree and repainted them.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/14084/afcad-ktpa-tampa-international-runway-numbers/

Will repost when I have tried your airport.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I have never had this issue with MD, NGX or J41. I use many payware apts and defaults apts too, all over the world. I use the latest airacs for the planes and I have corrected FSX for magnetic variation with this:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

23.png

I have never had this issue with MD, NGX or J41. I use many payware apts and defaults apts too, all over the world. I use the latest airacs for the planes and I have corrected FSX for magnetic variation with this:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Mosteen you may have solved this with that link....im going to try landing at the OP's airport later then install the updated fixes and try again.

Would be great to have this solved as I ran out of fuel hopelessly trying to find an unlit Indonesian misaligned runway in the dark last night and diverting to two others with same problem. It was actually exciting at first but then plain annoying getting clearances to land into buildings at night .

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Jan-Paul,

I disabled Add Ons. Still having the problem.

Mosteen ,

I tried to install Updated Magvar Data. There were two files:

1- MagDecfiles I replaced with my MagDec file FSX scenery/Base/Scenery. Then I started FSX.  I positioned  747-400X on RW04L and I saw heading on NAV  changed to 310 Degrees from 045 degrees . So I assumed my MagDec files correct and reinsert the original MagDec files. Heading changed back to 045 same as Rw heading.

2- I opened the BGL Magnetic Variation Corrector . This actually the tool corrects the ILS, RW and airports. Unfortunately.. I didn't understand installation instruction clearly, how and where to implement MV Corrector. .

Russell,

I have AIRAC-1304 APR04MAY01/13

Ahmet Sanal

Hm, I don't get it, maybe I just have been lucky with my destinations so far, I installed the magdec files and never did any manual corrections. I'll look into the mentioned apts when I have a spare hour.

23.png

Just did jfk to ewr with NGX and 747f and both landed correctly aligned on 22r

Wl try the md later I haven't applied the fix yet

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Russell,

If you succeed applying FIX. Will you please give me simple instruction how to use BGL Magnetic Variation Corrector .

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

Ahmet I sure will! Will be later tonite as I want to get it right and agreed the instructions could be simpler :D Your nav data is more recent than mine so no problem there. I am trying to find an airport with definite errors before applying fix. Trying KTAP now as I know that changed a couple years back.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Ahmet sorry havent been able to reproduce a bad approach tonite so will post back when i have something to correct..wont apply fix until i have something i can check its results from

RG

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK