Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

What is 'ENB' ?

Several posts as well as the "unofficial" FSX SP3 allude to ENB? Anyone here know what it is? Is it some type of texture enhancement?

I have downloaded the SP3 but have not installed it because the choice to add or not to add the ENB option cannot be answered if I don't know what it is. I have everything tweaked and don't want to cause new problem issues.

Anyone?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Add On Developer's Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Several posts as well as the "unofficial" FSX SP3 allude to ENB? Anyone here know what it is? Is it some type of texture enhancement?

I have downloaded the SP3 but have not installed it because the choice to add or not to add the ENB option cannot be answered if I don't know what it is. I have everything tweaked and don't want to cause new problem issues.

Anyone?

Try a search on enb series fsx you will find many tutorials on it. Personally I find often it looks kind of garish (judging by FSX youtubes) but I guess that's a matter of taste.

scott s.

I do not know what it stands for, but it supposedly makes the images you see on your screen look more realistic than the default FSX. It was made for Grand Theft Auto (a game if you did not know). While many users do like it, some machines can't run it reliably with FSX.

It's pretty simple to install. (mostly just drop two files in your main FSX directory) The opposite procedure for removal. If you should try it and your screen fails to show any graphics in FSX, I would say your machine is not compatible.

There are several versions of the ENB mod for FSX around the internet. Some more bloom, some change the color pallet a bit, but they are all doing the same thing in FSX. I would suggest you go to youTube and try ENB FSX and take a look at those videos. As many of the "pro" uploaders use post processing techniques (to add affects and make it look ike they are getting very high FPS), keep in mind your ileage may vary on your machine.

In regard to a SP3, I'd be wary of anything with that name. FSX Gold has all the official service packs. (I don't know which version you have)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Came over this thread in some forum after a google search on ENB http://www.boards.ie....php?p=63669605 and thought I should give it a try.(Higly reccomend the custom INI file the poster made)

Installed the ENB mod yesterday, and I just have to say It's the best thing I ever did with my FSX. I always wondered how Orbx got their videos to look so good and i thought they edited the videos to get the more realistic looking effects, now I see It was the ENB mod that does It. It was like my FSX scenery got much more life, got rid of alot of shimmering and it gave the textures more depth much better ligtning and now flying at night looks just like It should(No more night vision googles that default FSX give you).

Can't find more words for It, It's like I got a complete new sim Just awsome :yahoo: . And It didnt affect frames or performance of FSX at all for me.

Higly reccomend It for anyone that hasn't tried it yet! And if it doesnt work for you just remove it only a small dll file that you add in the main FSX directory.

I would go as far as saying that I would even paid money for this If it wasn't for free.

Here a comparison shoot

With ENB

Does it work in windowed mode and will it, if anyone knows play nice with Shade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problems running in windowed mode,an it does complement Shade very well.

I use it with the Mark's Final preset.

Try some of Tim's ENB profiles located at the REX forums.

Cheers!

It work in windows mode atleast for me. Don't know about Shade thoug as I don't have It.

Edit:

You where A bit faster than me didnt notice :P

I have no problems running in windowed mode,an it does complement Shade very well.

I use it with the Mark's Final preset.

What does this Shade add to ENB Is it worth it?

Edited by Kaboki

I have a suggestion for anyone looking to enhance the FSX visual environment. Before installing ENB and trying different profiles, make sure your physical monitor and video card's display settings are optimized to your liking.

First, see how FSX looks after adjusting your monitor's brightness, contrast, and color temperature. It's easy to forget about those little monitor buttons! Be sure to jot down the original settings so you can reset them if necessary.

Second, look at your video card display settings. On my NVIDIA control panel, I find that adjusting the "Gamma" and "Digital vibrance" settings to + 1.00 and + 70%, respectively, really makes a BIG difference in FSX. Again, jot down the original settings before tweaking.

The good news is that you can pause FSX, make the adjustments and immediately see the results.

Thanks for the link about shade venustus. I'll think I will check it out.

Try some of Tim's ENB profiles located at the REX forums.

I higly reccomend that too, don't use the link I posted earlier, I tried this one http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15329-24-hour-enb-download-included/.

Has much better lightning at night. The one I linked too first you couldn't see the runway lights at night. :P Sorry about that I'm a noob :rolleyes:

Just installed this version and it's so much better.

Yeah, first one was a little to dark, couldn't see s..t! Sorry about that Darkstar :P .

I'm very new to this ENB mod so I suggest trying out different profiles as it's very easy to change them, and you can find what suits you best. Seems like many people have very different opinions about what looks most realistic to them. You can even have the sun so bright that you have to wear sunglasses to fly, realistic maybe but not my cup of tea lol