Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Barfbag

So, what's with the new FS9.1 update?

Today, August 21st, a library download appeared for an FS9.1 update from Microsoft.

What is this? Is it different from the earlier update, or is it the same thing?

My understanding is that the original update was done mostly to fix some bridges. I've installed that, but I still have a number of misplaced bridges.

Also, I use a version of the main fs9.exe which does not force me to insert a disk to run the program. Does anyone have any info on how that will work?

Hi,

an update for 9.1? Where?

Sorry i cant belive that. Where did you find it?

KR

Today, August 21st, a library download appeared for an FS9.1 update from Microsoft.

What is this? Is it different from the earlier update, or is it the same thing?

My understanding is that the original update was done mostly to fix some bridges. I've installed that, but I still have a number of misplaced bridges.

Also, I use a version of the main fs9.exe which does not force me to insert a disk to run the program. Does anyone have any info on how that will work?

I don't think it's "New" just that MS gave AVSIM permission to post it to the library, since it's no longer available from them.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Don't get excited folks. It is the "original" and nothing new. Since MS removed it from their site, we decided to post it in our library just as it is posted at many other locations around the net.

There was some talk in this forum a few days ago about the MS official update of FS9 from v9.0 to v9.1 having been removed from Microsoft's site. A forum member had had to reinstall FS9, had mislaid his copy of the update, and had been unable to obtain it from MS as usual. So I think what's happened is that Avsim has made the update available here.

Can someone confirm that this update which I got from MS i.e; 9.1.0.40901 is what has been posted by Avsim?

Thank you

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Can someone confirm that this update which I got from MS i.e; 9.1.0.40901 is what has been posted by Avsim?

Thank you

It is the same, . . . see Tom's post #4 above.

Regards,

Mel

Thank you, without the other digits after the 9.1, I was not sure if there were others in the 9.1 to 9.1.9.99999 range!

Regards,

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

That's very nice indeed .... for those who have the english (US) version of FS2004

Nevertheless ... this update was also available for other languages (the FS2004 different language versions)

And it was specified on the Microsoft update page that it was important to select the good corresponding update language version for your FS2004 version ...

AVSIM have plan for upload to the library those different language versions (as AVSIM is an international FS2004 site) ??

BTW, they have removed all of the FS9 SDK files from their site as well. Luckily they can be found at sites like FSDeveloper, etc.

All removed ... well ....

I wonder why Microsoft have this bad politic ... :mad:

Maybe they need space on their servers ... ? :unsure:

I hope that one day they will be the target of "The Anonymous" .. and all be removed .. so they will have plenty free space ... :lol:

BTW, they have removed all of the FS9 SDK files from their site as well. Luckily they can be found at sites like FSDeveloper, etc.

Are you sure ? I thought those links just pointed back to Microsoft. I've been trying to grab a copy of the Traffic Toolbox SDK, and the FSdeveloper link for that one at least, is a now dead link to Microsoft.

Would be great if they all showed up here.

Regards,

Brian Doney

That's very nice indeed .... for those who have the english (US) version of FS2004

Nevertheless ... this update was also available for other languages (the FS2004 different language versions)

And it was specified on the Microsoft update page that it was important to select the good corresponding update language version for your FS2004 version ...

AVSIM have plan for upload to the library those different language versions (as AVSIM is an international FS2004 site) ??

That's a very good point!! I think AVSIM needs to put a disclaimer on the upload description or readme, or people with non English versions who install this may run into trouble!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d