Sign in to follow this  

Just for laughs.This screenshot shows KSDF Sunday morning. Metar was 200 ft overcast. ATIS was reporting no clouds below 20000 ft.

All other parameters were spot on.

Michael Cubine

I have the same problem. Currently I am feeling the effects of TS Isaac and the northern two thirds of Florida are overcast with ceilings as low as 200 ft. I just flew a flight from MYNN to KMCF so I could go from clear to overcast. The winds were fairly accurate for the trip, but the cloud coverage was pitiful to non-existent. While descending to pattern altitude starting at the LBV VOR , I should have been in thick cumulus but it was very broken. Landing at KMCF should have been IFR minimums, but was fairly clear.

I've tried everything in the manual and tips posted here, but I just can't get the right weather. Don't know what else I can do except wait for a possible fix.

I am running the latest update also.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I just posted this in the FSX forum about KFLL.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/383869-active-sky-2012-help/

"I just flew in there from Atlanta and landed around 330pm local time in a torrential rainstorm with 25mph gusts. I didn't see 9L till I was 300 ft. AGL."

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Last night I flew from MMUN to KDTW. My flight path took me right over Issac. I encountered the massive cloud shield from south of Key West to the Florida Panhandle. My cloud density setting in the cfg is 10 so I got a brilliant overcast. As I approached near the eye of Issac, AS2012 started to give me massive thunderstorms and loads of lightning. It was quite a show, sorry I did not take a pic.

One strange event however was that my tat was +25 at 37,000 feet over the storm, came back down to -15 after I passed the storm. Wonder what caused that. But the hurricane depiction in AS2012 was just outstanding.

Bob

Last night I flew from MMUN to KDTW. My flight path took me right over Issac. I encountered the massive cloud shield from south of Key West to the Florida Panhandle. My cloud density setting in the cfg is 10 so I got a brilliant overcast. As I approached near the eye of Issac, AS2012 started to give me massive thunderstorms and loads of lightning. It was quite a show, sorry I did not take a pic.

One strange event however was that my tat was +25 at 37,000 feet over the storm, came back down to -15 after I passed the storm. Wonder what caused that. But the hurricane depiction in AS2012 was just outstanding.

Bob

That's really interesting, Bob, and your observation of the temperature jump in the storm's eye is fascinating. Hurricanes do have warm cores, and radiosone measurements have shown increased temps aloft in the eye as compared concurrently to temps at the same altitude 90 nm beyond the eye...but +25C seems extreme. See this for more info: http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/A7.html

Given that hurricanes are very low pressure events, one might expect warm, rising air along the edge of the eyewall...interesting observation!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I'm sure I must have some setting wrong because my cloud generation and coverage is absolutely incorrect. I flew from KPIE to KMSY this morning, and about the time I got to where the winds were picking up from Isaac, I saw lightning and no clouds. I'm going to try to include a couple of shot of this as well as my view when I was less than 20 nm from KMSY. I should have been completely covered in clouds at this time, but they were broken cumulus. I've had this since install and I never had it with ASE. Confused.

2012-8-29_11-38-57-848.jpg[/img]

2012-8-29_11-38-59-376.jpg[/img]

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals