Sign in to follow this  
turner112

A few questions about P3D

Looking through the website, I can't seem to get a ton of info, but here are my main questions/concerns:

1) 45 Airports? Wait... huh?

"High-detail living world with 45 airports and 39 cities"

Methinks it's a typo.

2) Is gauge animation smooth?

3) I see they're "certified AMD Eyefinity Gold"... traditionally (with FSX) people have recommended NVIDIA I think... any differences here regarding video vs. cpu?

4) Is there a list of 3rd party stuff that runs with it? One of my main add-ons to FSX has been the "suite" of RealityXP stuff, but from what I understand, once you use P3D you're professional and are charged accordingly.

5) Will Instant Scenery 2 work with it?

6) "Realistic Air Traffic Control" - yeah?

7) What aircraft actually come with it? I might have missed it but can't find the info.

thanks!

Andrew

P3D has the same number of airports and cities that FSX has. The 45 and 39 numbesr refer to selected airports, AFB and cities that have high detail sceneries.

2) Is gauge animation smooth?

Gauge animation is only as good as the developer makes it.

3) I see they're "certified AMD Eyefinity Gold"... traditionally (with FSX) people have recommended NVIDIA I think... any differences here regarding video vs. cpu?

Unknown at this point, i dont have an ati card

4) Is there a list of 3rd party stuff that runs with it? One of my main add-ons to FSX has been the "suite" of RealityXP stuff, but from what I understand, once you use P3D you're professional and are charged accordingly.

There is no list of addons but if you rely on RealityXP stuff then i dont think it works in p3d, i have heard they are planning to make there stuff compatible but i have no idea if that is true or when it will happen

5) Will Instant Scenery 2 work with it?

Dont know sorry, i dont own the software.

6) "Realistic Air Traffic Control" - yeah?

No not really, while P3D does have more waypoints and navi aids ( sids and stars ) than fsx i dont know how old the data is or if the atc will take advantage of them, i have not tested or used this feature yet.

7) What aircraft actually come with it? I might have missed it but can't find the info.

It comes with less than fsx but there is some different aircraft in it, besides who flies stock these days.

Baron 58

King Air 350

T-6 Texan

Maule Orion

Mooney Bravo

Mooney Acclaim

Piper Cub

Robinson R22 Beta II

Lockheed C69/Constellation

Lockheed P-38F/J Lightning

I.W.E.B. Neptune SRM ( Mini Sub )

Hope this helps