Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Running Two Games at once?

I don't know if this is the correct forum but anyways here is my question.

I have a pretty powerful computer and I was wondering if it is okay to run too games at once (assuming the cpu/gpu temps are in check)? I don't want over stress my computer that's why I was wondering. My plan was to turn down graphics settings on FSX almost all the way mid flight so I could run another game at the same time.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Shouldn't be a problem at all. I never ever wondered if my PC could handle multiple programs running together: if it can't, the PC knows how to let me know that. :wink: I doubt if lowering settings in FSX is necessary either: I'd only do that of the other game is performing clearly worse.

No issue, I load up fsx fly around and pause it do other stuff and play other games and just leave fsx minimized. I only do this because I plan on coming back flying a short time later and hate the wait required for loading up from being shut down.

Some else asked this question a short while back, search the forums for other comments.

I'll ask the same question though, why would you want to play two games at once, if you flying your flying, if your playing another game then shut down your fsx and enjoy the other game and save resources. of course I had a loading time excuse noted above but mostly if I play another game I shut my fs down.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

No issue, I load up fsx fly around and pause it do other stuff and play other games and just leave fsx minimized. I only do this because I plan on coming back flying a short time later and hate the wait required for loading up from being shut down.

Some else asked this question a short while back, search the forums for other comments.

I'll ask the same question though, why would you want to play two games at once, if you flying your flying, if your playing another game then shut down your fsx and enjoy the other game and save resources. of course I had a loading time excuse noted above but mostly if I play another game I shut my fs down.

I usually do just run FSX. But in the case of long hauls, I like to use my computer for other things and check on fsx periodically.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10