Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

FSX Crashes with KLAX SEAVU2 arrival

Anyone else have this problem? It only happens with the NGX. (Not the 747-400 or MD-11). It also does not happen for any of the other LAX STARS.

Sitting at the ground at KDFW I enter all the info into the FMC. Then I enter the KDFW SID no problem. When I try to Enter the SEAVU2 STAR I will hit SEAVU2 then ILS 25L then Trans, etc. The Execute button will Light up but it won't execute. If you continue fiddling with it like pressing SEAVU2 again then FSX crashes. Normally if this was working right when you hit SEAVU2 from the list it will show up at the top and then you select the runway, trans etc. I have flown all over the world to at least 200 different airports in the NGX and this is the only STAR that gives me issues. I remember the same thing happening with different AIRACs versions so I doubt it is that.

This was the flight plan if anyone wants to try and see if they can reproduce this problem.

CYOTE5.ABI J65 CME J166 TCS J65 KOFFA J169 BLH J65 DECAS TNP.SEAVU2

(Using FSDT KLAX and latest AIRAC)

A few years ago there was the same situation using that arrival with the LDS 767 where it would crash FSX. The only thing to do was manually program the fixes.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyone else have this problem? It only happens with the NGX. (Not the 747-400 or MD-11). It also does not happen for any of the other LAX STARS.

Sitting at the ground at KDFW I enter all the info into the FMC. Then I enter the KDFW SID no problem. When I try to Enter the SEAVU2 STAR I will hit SEAVU2 then ILS 25L then Trans, etc. The Execute button will Light up but it won't execute. If you continue fiddling with it like pressing SEAVU2 again then FSX crashes. Normally if this was working right when you hit SEAVU2 from the list it will show up at the top and then you select the runway, trans etc. I have flown all over the world to at least 200 different airports in the NGX and this is the only STAR that gives me issues. I remember the same thing happening with different AIRACs versions so I doubt it is that.

This was the flight plan if anyone wants to try and see if they can reproduce this problem.

CYOTE5.ABI J65 CME J166 TCS J65 KOFFA J169 BLH J65 DECAS TNP.SEAVU2

(Using FSDT KLAX and latest AIRAC)

Hi Paul just tried your route i got the fdst airports as well but iam using airrac cycle 1111 and didnt have any problems at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Paul! I can confirm I used the TNP SEAVU2 arrival before and never had any problem.

Happens to me too, i traced it to that when you finish climb, engines go into cruise mode, and then you try to select a STAR for the departure airport, it can hang there, mind you it happens only for some airports, for example EPWA, EDDF...., and some STARS, but i could repeat it every time for these. latest AIRAC, tried to reinstall, fly default liveries, nothing, but i have a work around for this, in the ROUTE page set the airport you want to land on as an arrival airport and on SID/STAR page select a star from the arrival airport option, this problem happened when i was circling around the departure airport, setting EPWA/EPWA in the ROUTE page, and then selecting a star from the departure airport option, on some airacs it works, on some it don't, i use the latest now.

Hello Paul, Are you aware that FSDT KLAX has been updated, your Addon Manager should have alerted you to this. Secondly I looked at the STAR SEAVU2 and I dont think this is your IAF but SEAVU is followed by KRAIN TAROC FUELR to TDZ 25L. Hope this helps. Richard Welsh.

I finally got it to work by not clicking on SEAVU2 at all. I just selected the runway ILS 25L and Trans and then it put KRAIN TAROC FUELR etc all way to the runway. After that I had to put in all the nav pionts manually from TNP to SEAVU. http://155.178.201.1.../00237SEAVU.PDF

Seems this is only way I can get it to work. Might have something to do with FS Commander and Exporting it to the NGX FMC. All the other STARS work fine. Maybe I should try Exporting without the STAR as the NGX removes it anyway and it has to be entered through the FMC.

Just found this topic, thought maybe something was wrong with FSX or the NGX, I also have the SEAVU2 problem, was flying out of PHX and it kept crashing everytime I selected SEAVU2.

Ha, this is quite ironic. I just reported this exact issue in the Navigraph FMC Bug Report forum yesterday. I have seen this exact SEAVU lockup, and sometimes CTD, for at least the past several cycles. All other KLAX STARs work without issue. Please, if you see this same problem add your observation to the report in the Navigraph forum so it might get fixed.

http://forum.navigra...?g=posts&t=3622

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Ha, this is quite ironic. I just reported this exact issue in the Navigraph FMC Bug Report forum yesterday. I have seen this exact SEAVU lockup, and sometimes CTD, for at least the past several cycles. All other KLAX STARs work without issue. Please, if you see this same problem add your observation to the report in the Navigraph forum so it might get fixed.

http://forum.navigra...?g=posts&t=3622

Will do, thanks Al.