Sign in to follow this  
brucek

How to edit runways at FSX stock airports?

I have AFX and have looked at ADE (donation-ware), and still can't find out if either of these add ons would work for what I want, or if not then what would.

I would like to enable some runways at airports (FSX stock) as take-off only and landing only. These are airports with parallel runways in all 4 compass quadrants, and with r/l assignments for take offs and landings that are usually used. I don't wish to create any further new airports, and this is not (as I understand it) related to the "cross-wind runway" assignments that I see in the ADE manual.

Thanks, Bruce.

I have AFX and have looked at ADE (donation-ware), and still can't find out if either of these add ons would work for what I want, or if not then what would.

Hi Bruce!

I have ADE ,and it has the ability to do what you ask.

If you need further assistance in this regard,let me know!

Cheers!

I have been using ADE for 2 years now and absolutely love it. Admittedly it takes time to get used to it but it is a powerful tool. I have created my own fanatasy airport from the stock Lübeck airport here in North Germany where I live. The guys at Scruffy Duck Software (great name!) have been great at offering support whenever I had a problem. Give it a try , but be warned it can be addictive !

ADE is a fantastic piece of software. You can make all sorts of changes to runways, taxiways, lighting, parking spots, aprons etc.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the helpful replies. I must D/L it and see for myself? Do you refer to the "Pro" version or just the freeware "standard" version? I had only read a manual on-line regarding adding "cross-wind runways" which didn't seem to be what I was wanting to do, but maybe it is the same thing.

Just out of curiousity- no doubt this is in the docs somewhere too- does ADE modify FSX stock scenery files, or does it do the modification by adding new files that are at a higher level in the scenery layers?

Thanks, Bruce.

Just out of curiousity- no doubt this is in the docs somewhere too- does ADE modify FSX stock scenery files, or does it do the modification by adding new files that are at a higher level in the scenery layers?

You would make the mods with ADE and save the airport,then compile that saved file,within ADE..(You will need the SDK installed)

Once that is done, you would normally place it in your addon scenery/scenery folder.

Hope this helps!