Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

USA Roads released!

Im gonna hold off for a few days on this one. Im very sceptical about how this thing lays over the landclass and urban scenery. Does it just overlay "roads" over the ones created by the landclass? Im all for uber accurate city streets etc, but not a jumble of streets over streets.Interesting that you can have an option for major roads only or all the small ones too. Personally, the ultra detail would be nice in my home area where I actually know the roads, but in other areas where its all just virtuality to me, I'd be ok with just the highways and major roads. Is there an option to max the detail by region or selected areas only? That would be very very cool, but I'd be surprised if thats an option today...is it?Dont get me wrong...Im hoping that in a week Im still reading gushing remarks from everybody. Lets just say Im not the earliest adopter of revolutionary stuff. (once burned, twice shy?) Im happy with FS9 now. Will add to it when this thing is proven a winner. (which I hope it will be!!)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest sssummer

Anyone try it with Megascenery installed to see if it conflicts? How about with FS Genesis mesh?

I was involved in prerelease testing, impact is low enough as to be nearly impossible to detect (think of a few tenth of an fps for the junks).

All you worry worts...I have FS Genesis 38.2 meter mesh installed for all the US along with the FS Genesis Landclass and they work just fine with it. USA RD replaces the FS9 default roads so no, they do not conflict.

Eric 

Didn't see that. Of course if the autogen would be sitting on top of a road it might get blocked, but IMO that's worth the penalty.Maybe someone will release something else that corrects the location of every autogen building and tree in the US?

Guest fs3tofs9

I'm using the FSGenesis 38.2 mesh in the West and the latest FSGenesis US landclass. I was flying around San Diego and the roads looked fine. The roads overlayed the hilly terrain as usual and integrated well with the landclass.I thought the airports were really interesting. I have FlyTampa KSAN with the FSGenesis beta fix. I brought up the map view and KSAN was tightly integrated with the roads (e.g., the roads fed smoothly into the airport). Even that bridge with the car traffic right at the edge of Rwy 27 integrated well.I also checked out SimFlyer's KLAS and KORD. No problems there either. KORD really suprised me. In summer season, I brought up the map view. The jumble of highways and roads feed into the airport quite smoothly and I had to look hard before spotting where where the USA roads and FSGenesis landclass left off and the SimFlyer's airport began. I don't remember SimFlyer's KORD melding with its surroundings that well before.

Guest SoarPics

I made my purchase and install a couple hours ago. D/L took 50 minutes (DSL) and went without a hitch. Install too was easy. And off I went to fly.At first glance this add-on is stunning. And the second glance, and the third. It's very well done, and simply put... changes the sim entirely. The detail is seriously good, to the extent that I had no problem finding the corner where my home is located.Sim performance was as good as before adding USA Roads. Watching the final development these past few weeks and seeing some of the screenshots, I was concerned that all the increased "population" created by the add-on might cause too much of a performance hit. I didn't see any at all on my system.The downside, of course, is the bridges and roads near water. I fly alot around the Bay Area, and most of the bridges conflict with the out-of-place MS stuff. Nothing the developers can do about this, it's an MS matter.All in all, this is great fun. A super VFR add-on, and one I think should be a "must-have" for those of us who are happy flying around at altitudes below Class A airspace.Cheers,Greg

Greq,I am currently at FL390 from ATL-LAX and it looks quite good from up here as well!

Eric 

> Im very>sceptical about how this thing lays over the landclass and>urban scenery. Does it just overlay "roads" over the ones>created by the landclass? Eric,It may be shocking to you but landclass has nothing to do with USA Roads (landclass has nothing to do with roads period). It also has nothing to do with your current roads. In fact USA Roads is now the most accurate part of the virtual scenery - and everything else like shorelines, lakes, bridges, landclass is probably by two orders of magnitude less accurate. Sure it would be a perfect world if we could now have the same matching level of accuracy throughout the FS sceney - but short of that it is nice (at least for me) to have one of its elements being state-of-the-art.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

I have been flying in the Northern suburbs of Chicago and get several blank textures. I'm not sure what the reason is, and have not had time to do much flying elsehwhere to determine whether this is a universal or chicago area texture issue. Big grey blobs of space...peppering otherwise good looking landscape...Thanks for any ideas or help.Sherm

Guest OneTinSoldier

Unfortunately, there are problems with being able to download the file without it being corrupted. Apparently it's due to the heavy server load. A few of us have made posts in the Flight1 forum concerning this problem. Looks like I have to wait until tomorrow to get it I guess. A while ago I downloaded it from both the Temporary Server and the Main Server and got a corrupted download both times. ;( I don't think I feel comfortable trying to download and install it a third time until they have looked into the problem which Steve Halpern says they'll be doing tomorrow. Arrrghh!Jim

Guest SoarPics

Well, that's a pain, Jim. Guess I just got lucky with my download. Press on once they have it sorted... it's certainly worth it.Greg

Guest OneTinSoldier

Thanks Greg. I'm a soldier x:-), (ok, not really) so you can be sure I will!

>Didn't see that. Of course if the autogen would be sitting on>top of a road it might get blocked, but IMO that's worth the>penalty.>Maybe someone will release something else that corrects the>location of every autogen building and tree in the US?Autogen does not conflict - it avoids the roads automatically - only incorrectly placed scenery buildings that are out of place with where they'd be in real life will sit on top of the roads - only saw one instance of this right near the airport in Tucson and it was very very minor...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com