Sign in to follow this  
JaseMelbo

Realair Turbine Duke Awesome!

I love my Turbine Duke so much, I have embarked on a round the world tour with it. I have also build a physical panel for the start-up switches on the left.

Sorry Jas, already started in Canada, flown down through Japan, around Australia and NZ, up through India to Moscow, down through Saudi and now over in South Africa.

Found some flight plans about a year ago and working my way through them.

Does anyone else get a ticking noise kinda like an LP scratch on the left channel at high power settings on the piston model, every 4 or 5 seconds?

Yes, but on the right channel. Found a click in 'DukeAmbience_R'.

I love my Turbine Duke so much, I have embarked on a round the world tour with it. I have also build a physical panel for the start-up switches on the left.

Care to share a photo of your panel?

Kdub

Does anyone know how to get a good view of the oil temp/pressure gauges? They are hidden behind the throttle quadrant and are hard to see in the VC.

This is just a quick note to say that I purchased this aircraft yesterday and it's fantastic. So glad I found a great twin to fly. Miss my Aeroworx Kingair though.....

You can add the RealityXP Garmins to it also.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

You can set up occasional engine failures and believe me, this makes you sit up and take notice when it happens!!! :blush:

Richard.

16,000 ft ceiling. range about 800 to 1100 km.

best crz is 8000 Ft, 2400 RPM, wide open throttle (that'll put you around 22 mp) @ 241 Kmh, 12-14 GPH... depending on winds of course.

We are talking about the Turbine Duke here, which is certified up to 28,000 feet. You would want to cruise much higher than 16,000 with those Pratts for good speed and effeciency.

The service ceiling on the Piston Duke is actually higher! 30,000 ft. You should be cruising much higher than 8,000 ft as well...what's the point of owning this complex pressurized twin if ya can't get up to 18-20,000 ft :wink:. On long journeys ill bring it right up to around 22-24,000 (in the piston duke), with shorter journeys below FL200. Also, you should be seeing much more than 22 inches with full throttle @8,000 ft. Check your mixtures?

We are talking about the Turbine Duke here,

Yeppers... someone asked about the Legacy in a earlier post.