Sign in to follow this  
Jason70

FSX PC decision made

After much deliberation this is the system that Ive decided to have built, but before I make the final order I would be interested in what you guys think of the system to run fsx, is there anything you would change to increase the performace.

Also Im not sure what RAM does, is the RAM ive selected adequate for this system.

thanks in advance for your comments.

INTEL CORE i7 3770K IVY BRIDGE 3.5GHz 8MB RETAIL BOX

CORSAIR COOLING HYDRO H100 CPU COOLER

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD

G.SKILL 16GB KIT DDR3 RIPJAWS Z C11 2133MHZ

CRUCIAL M4 2.5" 512GB SSD SATA3 500/260

WESTERN DIGITAL RE4 3.5" 2TB 64MB 7200RPM

EVGA GTX680 SC SIGNATURE 1084M/6208M 2GB/D-DVI/HDMI/DP

LG CH12LS28 12X BLU-RAY COMBO RETAIL BOX

CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI SURROUND 5.1 PRO USB2.0 SOUNDCARD

COOLERMASTER COSMOS II ULTRA GAMING CASE

XFX BLACK EDITION 1000W MODULAR 80PLUS PLATINUM PSU

MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL OEM/64BIT

2 x SAMSUNG S27A750D 27" FHD WS 2MS 120HZ 3D (INC. GLASSES) LED MONITOR

CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2000 7.1 WIRELESS GAMING HEADSET

POWER SHIELD ZAPGUARD 6 WAY SURGE BOARD BLACK

Cheers

Jason70

Looks good but I'm wondering how you plan to operate the two monitors as you won't be able to stretch a full screen view across both but if you got a 3rd one you could. Otherwise, windowed mode will work just fine. Also, 1080P @ 27" can get a bit pixelated, depending on how close you sit and how good your eyes are. My eyesight isn't terrific but after swapping out my 27" 1080P monitor for a 27" 1440P monitor (and then adding 2 more) the difference in image quality is night and day.

The rest looks good, though I would recommend an OCZ Vertex 4 or Samsung 830 SSD instead of the Crucial M4.

Awesome system.. Your hd, make sure its the 6GB bandwidth HD and nit the 3GB one.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Looks good but I'm wondering how you plan to operate the two monitors as you won't be able to stretch a full screen view across both but if you got a 3rd one you could.

Eeerrrmmm there is a little product that can fix this :)

I dont know what the US equivalent is but this little bugger does it at a fraction of the cost of Matrox hardware..

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/info/OC-ZT-DP2HD/1699/

Splits them perfectly if the monitors have HDMI out lets the gpu see's it as 1 monitor ;)

Cheers Josh Cliff

Eeerrrmmm there is a little product that can fix this :)

I dont know what the US equivalent is but this little bugger does it at a fraction of the cost of Matrox hardware..

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/info/OC-ZT-DP2HD/1699/

Splits them perfectly if the monitors have HDMI out lets the gpu see's it as 1 monitor ;)

Looks good as long as the displays support hdmi

Looks good as long as the displays support hdmi

A 6$ cable HDMI to DVI-D from amazon would be able to connect from an HDMI to DVI

Unlike Display Ports, HDMI plays well with DVI

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o03_s00_i00

Manny

Manny

How many adapters does one use before issues arise? It *should not* be an issue with digital signals, but with some cheap equipment and converting from one format to another you never know what might happen...

Thanks guys for your advice, I have ordered another monitor so I will have a total of 3, and im going to change the hard drive to a 6gb bandwith, Western Digital Black 1T.

Probably a silly question, but Ive never used 3 monitors before, is it possable to use all the monitors to expand the cockpit across all 3, but once airborne change the configeration so I can use one of the montiors to do other things or run other programs (surf the net, watch movies, track my flight etc )

Thanks again for your advice.

Jason :rolleyes:

Jason,

For that, you can use any old monitor that you may have lying around as the 4th monitor.

I have threee dell 24" 1920 X 1200 + a 19" touch screen monitor.

The only thing I have not been able to do so far,, although I am told its possible is when my three wide view is in full screen I am not able to use my fourth monitor., But when I am in Windoed mode, I cam use the 4th monitor to browese and what not

Manny

Manny