Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Buttkicker Sound Transducer -- amplifies the experience 100%

Just received my Buttkicker Gamer 2, a sound transducer after reading the glowing recommendations I read in the avsims PMDG 737NGX subforum.

Wow, this thing is amazing. You can literally feel the ground underneath you as your FSX plane rolls around in the dirt/runway. Don't get me started on the engine sounds!

This is a necessary piece of hardware of any serious flight simmer, I would even rank it above TrackIR.

The good thing about this product is it will also work with your other games/movies/music, etc.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

buttkicker_seat_installation_large.jpgI bought one of these 4 years ago..,.when it was on sale. But I never installed to even test it. Cause the clamp for the chair is too small for my rolling chair that I have. It requires a very narrow stem. Which means I would have to invest in a chair that fit into this clamp. The steel bar you see is not visible in my chair.. I have only those black thick stems.

How big is the clamp (Diameter for the chair?)

Thanks

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've had mine for years, and I don't understand why more people don't consider this must have hardware! It is awesome, and it's not even that expensive!

Like OmniAtlas, I especially like the ground roll, touch down and take off feelings it adds to the sim!

The steel bar you see is not visible in my chair.. I have only those black thick stems.

Hello

On my chair those "thick black stems" are only plastic covers over the metal stem, do yours not slide up or down in a concertina manner ?

That's the last thing I want, more wires under my rolling chair ugh.... I use headphones most of the time anyway...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello

On my chair those "thick black stems" are only plastic covers over the metal stem, do yours not slide up or down in a concertina manner ?

It does when I raise and lower the seating height..but I always see the thick black plastic covering.. no metal

MAnny

Manny

That's the last thing I want, more wires under my rolling chair ugh.... I use headphones most of the time anyway...

Buttkicker has nothing to do with replacing headphones or speakers -- as a matter of fact it works even better WITH headphones because you experience the same feelings without blowing people out of your house with any sound of your speakers. And the designers of this were even smart enough to make their wire long, super thick (it's the thickness of a cable-tv cable) and DETACHABLE, so you can tuck it out of the way wherevever you want.

It does when I raise and lower the seating height..but I always see the thick black plastic covering.. no metal

MAnny

Hello

So will they not lift up out of the way, on my chair they will slide up from the bottom if I lift them

MAnny

Mine was like this too -- I just rais that black plastic cup out of the way. Cut it off if you have to - Buttkicker is worth it! - the black plastic is the dust covering, to keep dust, dirt, and animal hair out of the chair mechanism. But unless you live outdoors, I can't imagine a house dirty enough to gum up a chair.

Then again, we are flight simmers -- if we're not married or have housekeepers, we probably only clean when we can barely breathe any more any way. :P

Hello

So will they not lift up out of the way, on my chair they will slide up from the bottom if I lift them

Mine was like this too -- I just rais that black plastic cup out of the way.

Ah.. Let me check it this weekend when I go home. If I remember right, its also metal..it looked and felt like a strut of some sort.

4 years ago when I bought the Buttkicker, I said to myself..since it won't fit now, when the chair breaks I'll have to get another one and I'd make sure it fits the buttkicker clamp. Its been 4 years and the chair is still going strong and no sign of giving way.

So I just may have to see if I can remove that plastic thingi..and in the process I mess it up.. I just may have to go buy a new chair. But the black cover is also metal like I think it is, then I am out of luck.

For the first time, I regret buying a quality product.

:P

Manny

Manny

Hi

I have always been interested in getting one of these. Can someone just give me a rough idea about how much space it takes up. An amp comes with it right? How big is that? Also do you need a dedicated sound card or is a built in one ok?

Thanks

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

So I just may have to see if I can remove that plastic thingi..and in the process I mess it up.. I just may have to go buy a new chair.

I'm not sure where everybody is on the globe, or if there is an "International Chair Design Standardization Committe" but this is what my rig with the chair and the Buttkicker looks like - from the "approach" and from the "beneath" angles. (Actually, it looks like those black cups slip DOWNWARDS on my chair -- you might want to check that out on yours.

BTW, I hope I didn't violate any rules by posting pictures here. It's been a while since I've posted . . .

Hi

I have always been interested in getting one of these. Can someone just give me a rough idea about how much space it takes up. An amp comes with it right? How big is that? Also do you need a dedicated sound card or is a built in one ok?

Thanks

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Minimal space, it comes with an amplifier which can be propped upright. You can use any sound output -- even the one from your TV, perhaps when I have my own cinema theatre in my house I'll invest in the buttkicker for my couch :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I'm not sure where everybody is on the globe, or if there is an "International Chair Design Standardization Committe" but this is what my rig with the chair and the Buttkicker looks like - from the "approach" and from the "beneath" angles. (Actually, it looks like those black cups slip DOWNWARDS on my chair -- you might want to check that out on yours.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Minimal space, it comes with an amplifier which can be propped upright. You can use any sound output -- even the one from your TV, perhaps when I have my own cinema theatre in my house I'll invest in the buttkicker for my couch :)

Thanks. Hmmm very tempting. Mind if I ask where you got yours from and the price you payed for it? On their site it's $149 but I think I've seen it for less.

Thanks

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk