Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

Latest version of LKPR available

Thanks for the news and link, mate! :good:

I have already reported it in the AES request thread.

Is that the same scenery found here

Right, Joseph, my bad! :blush:

I have just removed the AES request entry (it was already requested).

I hadn't installed this version yet, so thanks for linking it.

It has some ragged mesh around the edges and the AFCAD definitely needs a bit of help.

But it certainly looks purty...

LKPRAFCAD.jpg

You need to sort out your AI pilots. They're even worse than tailgaters on the roads. :P

Colin B

You need to sort out your AI pilots. They're even worse than tailgaters on the roads. :P

Colin B

I believe it's a new EU regulation, designed to save money and reduce emissions. Everyone shuts down their engines except the one in the rear. The aircraft in the front of the pile has the responsibility for ailerons. The ones in the middle just pile in like a rugby scrum and pass refreshments forward and back via the emergency exits. The one at the rear provides the thrust and rudder and elevator control. They take off and fly like a train. When they arrive at a designated waypoint they just peel off one by one and glide down to their diferent destinations.

We're not allowed to try it in the US because of the fear that the people in the middle will sue the airlines because the aircraft in front gets to arrive earlier than they do. And the FAA refused to try it because the Europeans thought of it first.

Cheers

Ian

I believe it's a new EU regulation, designed to save money and reduce emissions.

Well clearly something had to be done!

Using the previous AFCAD to avoid this issue produced 22 tonnes of CO2 in the time it took, just to take the screenshot!

LKPRAFCADFix.jpg

The scenery also benefited from the recent awareness of stray alpha-less DXT3.

I added that, and some mips to get rid of some quite bad shimmer.

The mesh doesn't quite co-exist with the existing Prague mesh I have, but it's generally out of the approach lines of sight.

Actually a superb scenery when you get into the detail, and definitely an AES candidate.

What was wrong with the afcad to cause the pile-up at the holding point and how did you cure it?

Colin B

Great job, WingZ!

Would you mind sharing your AFCAD for LKPR?

What was wrong with the afcad to cause the pile-up at the holding point and how did you cure it?

I suspect it was hold short nodes too far from the runway, or incompatible taxiway widths.

Whatever, I am a little lazy, and just plopped in the afd file from the previous version I had, lkpr_afd.bgl dated Jan 2011.

It's not perfect, there is some misalignment at gates but it solved the major issue.

I'll tinker with it yet...

Being someone else's work, I am loath to upload it but anyone wanting it can PM me an email address.