Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Can we have an honest comparison of the BAe-146 from CLS and QW for FSX?

Hi, I have the CLS one but I have my gripes, and now I'm wondering about the QW one.

Alexander Colka

The CLS version is okay but is not in the same league as the QW. The CLS feels like it was rushed, the manual is terrible, and some of the textures are old-school. Also when you open the 2d panel it superimposes on the VC...so annoying! And the simicon icon cannot be brought up in VC. I got a refund.

I will buy the QA Avro tonight and from what I can tell is it FAR SUPERIOR! Looks like a real treat....we'll see.

Great Phillip, please let us know your point of view about the QW. thanks.

Alexander Colka

Yeah, in areas of systems and flight dynamics QW is superior... JF feels way too heavy on controls, of course you can fix a lot of that by editing aircraft.cfg but still it doesn't feel as dynamic to fly as QW.

Only thing I would want from JF to QW is virtual cabin, I enjoy going to cabin view as unique view to wing / engines reminds me from my many flights in Blue 1 Avro RJ85. Probably will keep using them both,

The CLS version is okay but is not in the same league as the QW. The CLS feels like it was rushed, the manual is terrible, and some of the textures are old-school. Also when you open the 2d panel it superimposes on the VC...so annoying! And the simicon icon cannot be brought up in VC. I got a refund.

I will buy the QA Avro tonight and from what I can tell is it FAR SUPERIOR! Looks like a real treat....we'll see.

Hi Phillip - I was hoping to get a refund as well. Who did you contact over at Just Flight to do so?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I really put a lot of time trying to get the CLS 146 up to snuff. I spent hours trying to get the ISG1 GNSXLS functioning with the aircraft, playing with the aircraft.cfg to get decent handling, and overlooking some pretty bad systems snuff-ups (even for a basic/medium fidelity release). It looks good, but really, the QW release it a much 'clearer' and realistic release.

I purchased my CLS 146 through SimMarket...I'm not sure if they offer a refund. If they did, I'd probably give the CLS one back. It's tough to justify hanging on to the JF/CLS release, especially when QW releases the older 146 variants later on (which is really what I want :wink:).

Hi Phillip - I was hoping to get a refund as well. Who did you contact over at Just Flight to do so?

Cheers, Pete

I used the support contact generic email

orders@justflight.com

they were very helpful and polite despite me asking for a refund,10/10 for service

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I'll be the lone dissenter. I purchased them both and found the QW too hard on my old computer, also the fit and finish of the overall model not nearly on par with its asking price. The JF model has some bugs, all quite fixable. JF seems quite slow to dialogue with it customers about the model's issues and get them patched up, but that's another issue.

The JF model, with its .cfg file tuned up, is a fun analog jet. Leave the FMC at home.

I resisted temptation with JF version and i'm glad i did. Well pleased with QW version and enjoying it. I would say the only advantages of the JF version is that it is probably better with FPS. But as i did not get the JF version i can't be 100% here. Also it may suit some if they are not bothered about handling the the more in depth systems etc.

I would expect both will get patched eventually to iron out the bugs and stuff.

Also the JF version is cheaper to buy.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Bought the QW version today, and was extremely impressed with the quality, and I have not even scratched the surface of getting to know it. Well worth the money.

I have them both. Love them both. The Avro is more powerful and agile, as it is in real life with the upgraded engines. The QW flight deck is a masterpiece. The Just Flight 146 is beautiful and the analogue flight deck is charming with a few quirks but all and all very enjoyable. I have been going back and fourth between them during the past week and imagine I will continue to do so.

Both get great frames. I don't want to jinx myself so I will not comment on CTDs. ;)

If you want an old school 146 then the JF 146 is for you. The real test will be when the QW 146 comes out. For now both are quite active for me at the expense of my NGX.

I have to admit that although I was given the JustFlight version free of charge, I deleted it as I feel it leaves a lot to be desired. The QW version offers a lot more and is worth the disk space.

Cheers DB

Bought the QW one the other day. Love it, it`s a great bird and if you can use a Boeing FMC then you should be able to get it on route without touching the manual. It also reads FSBild QW757 flightplans without a hastle which is handy.

regards Doogie

I have just got my hands on the QW version and am very happy. Although, I have to say just a tad disappointed with the VC. OK, it's a very good VC, but that's it IMO, very good. It's not exceptional or stunning, which are words I would use to describe the VC of the NGX. So, if like me you read and took on board the opinion of a fellow simmer who said it was comparable with the NGX, then you will be disappointed. But as I said, it is very good and should not in any way prevent you from buying this bird, it is fun.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Although, I have to say just a tad disappointed with the VC. OK, it's a very good VC, but that's it IMO, very good. It's not exceptional or stunning, which are words I would use to describe the VC of the NGX. So, if like me you read and took on board the opinion of a fellow simmer who said it was comparable with the NGX, then you will be disappointed.

VERY fair and relevant comment.

Cheers DB