Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

Three interesting twin prop, CM310 ,FSD Panther ,Beechking Air B200

There was quite a discussion about this last year--the net result of which most who participated expressed a real disdain for that type of realism in the sim. However, a gauge which produced an audible alarm based on pressurization failure or running out of oxygen would certainly add realism for those who want every bell and whistle simulated.-John

Guest wildfire563

Hmm, I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would like it. What about all the people who are looking for a random error generator for gauge failures? You could always remove it. Maybe have it only turn on if the user has gauge failures turned on or something, although I think this is too restrictive. I'd rather warn people to remove it if they don't want it. I know I would like it. I use MSFS to help me practice my real life procedures, and this is one of them. Knowing that it is there would increase the realism for me. One of the key features people liked about Fly II was its more complete simulation of aircraft systems.Thomas

Guest deleteriousone

I know that it is not in your list; however, I like the FSD Seneca for a twin prop fix.

It all depends on what you are looking for... do you want complex systems implementation, easy to fly and get into, high resolution cockpits that look just like the real thing, thin manuals, thick manuals... etc. Your B1900 and Meridian in many ways span the spectrum:B1900: easy to get into and fly, lovely model, stripped down cockpit.Meridian: Highly realistic avionics, high resolution cockpit, big manuals to read.The C441: High resolution cockpit like the Meridian, simple avionics like the B1900. Very nice aircraft IMHO.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110845.jpg

Bert

Guest kickin_chicken

The FSD-International Navajo Panther PA-31 is a great aircraft. I put most of my hours on it when flying. The oxygen switch is just a switch, it does nothing other then put out the "OXY REQ" light on the dashboard. I think the discussion regarding oxygen simulation was that none of us flight simmers are morbid people, and we don't need to simulate 'death'. So a dashboard light and/or an annoying buzzer or alarm is the best solution. In all my FSD-International aircraft, the only cabin pressurization that is simulated is the dashboard light/alarm, which is fine for me. I would like to (shamelessly) suggest the FSD Cheyenne. It's fast, stable and a mid-sized turboprop with HUGE engines. And it also simulates 'engine damage' and running costs, which adds a little to your flight simming experience. I too own the Meridian, but found the 'realistic' GPs they included, well, TOO real. I have to hand program every waypoint from my flight plan. I know that's 'realistic', but every other plan I have (payware and default A/C) have GPS's that automatically import the FS flight plan. Other than that, the Meridian is a great aircraft! I have over 20 hours in fligh sim time in it.

>I know that it is not in your list; however, I like the FSD>Seneca for a twin prop fix.It's now in my inventory. I find it difficult to read the engine gauges on the 2D panel.It seems not to matter how I set the cowlflaps. The plane behaves in the same way as far as I have noticed.

>>out the "OXY REQ" light on the dashboard. I think the>discussion regarding oxygen simulation was that none of us>flight simmers are morbid people, and we don't need to>simulate 'death'. So a dashboard light and/or an annoying>buzzer or alarm is the best solution. In all myIt's not morbid and simulating 'dead' to simulate this by for example turning the image dark.Otherwise we already do simulate 'dead' by simulating crashing planes.

I must say that liked the picture of the 2D panel with its very clear and distinct gauges. I suppose it's the 441?

Yes it is - and it looks a lot better in 1280x960 resolution on the screen.

Bert

I have the Panther and love it, one of my favorites, but I recently goofed and installed the upgrade (which apparently did not need) and now the plane will not load in FS.....get an error message about FSD Nabajo GUAGES.gua, then FS defaults!! I have uninstalled a few timews and reinstalled from old temp files, but the error message still comes up every time..........did find this file in FS/guages and deleted, but still no help.......Would sure appreciate if someone who knows more about files and stuff could figure out what the loading problem is.......thanks in advance RRL

Hi - I'm not yet familiar with 'FSD'. I'm looking for add on GA aircraft (good, fun aircraft that are moderately complicated and look really good) and I know a guy who recently had to show off byshowing me a picture of a seneca he sometimes gets to fly in. I waslooking at Dreamfleets Beech A36 or the Baron 58. I currently fly thedefault Bravo ( I don't have any add on planes). would love to look at the 'FSD Seneca' if I knew where to find it. ( i.e. where do I find it?)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I own almost all FSD props. The Panther is a nice flying aircraft. They do have great customer support. But if you like to tweaking your panels to your own liking by adding or removeing gauges, I suggest you go to another company. Flight1 and Dreamfleet DO NOT RESTRICT you from modifiying the panel to your liking in the name of priratcy.That's why I won't purchased anymore aircraft from FSD.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64