Sign in to follow this  
henrikthg

timeframe on Prepar3d v2.0

I do not have Prepar3d will wait till version 2.xx with DX11

Seached the web but can't find any place where they say anything about the timeframe for this release..

what do you guys know ?? Dont need a date... but is it fall 2012, spring 2013........

Henrik

I bet it's gonna be between now and spring 2015. You've been with us since the April. Didn't you learn anything? There are virtually NO timeframes when it comes to any development in flightsim world.

I bet it's gonna be between now and spring 2015.

Honestly, with the speed of their updates, it will take them a few more years until v2 it out.

2015? Nah, I think it's gonna be before.

There are actually TWO dates one should be concerned with.

(1) Initial Release date

(2) Date a viable working updated version is released.

Learn from history, when MS tried to produce a Dx10 version of FSX, that tried to be backward compatible with items designed for DX9.

I hope that in the meantime they can bring DX10 mode to version 1.x.

I don't think that is going to be happening, they are not even working on that. LM said they are not going to watch over backwards compatibility, but care more about the performance. There must a time where we turn a new leaf.

Kota, I agree. It should be a fresh version and a new start. If there is a significant move across the add-ons will come quickly.

But a suggestion to LM - and aren't we free with these - install as default one complex GA aircraft and one complex Airliner with working autopilot and glass cockpit for the first ... no default GPS ... and a functional CDU and Mode Control Panel for the airliner. I am certain that more than one dev would fall over themselves to supply you.

With this the instant capture of the addicts will occur (we rarely fly default except for testing) until the third party offerings arrive. I can only assume that Orbx will be right there with you.

Of course keep the other lite defaults for general sales purposes.

Warmest regards,

Ian McPhail

2015? Nah, I think it's gonna be before.

They have been doing a 6 month release cycle for updates... I personally feel that v2 is very far away. The artificial hype seems to be surrounding the fact that this thing is right around the corner and is going to save the day!

6 more updates till v2.

6 updates X 6 months=36 months

Aprrox. 36 months till v2 release.

They have been doing a 6 month release cycle for updates... I personally feel that v2 is very far away. The artificial hype seems to be surrounding the fact that this thing is right around the corner and is going to save the day!

6 more updates till v2.

6 updates X 6 months=36 months

Aprrox. 36 months till v2 release.

I don't think that each update is bringing us closer to v2. They're developing v2 while improving v1, so it could come earlier or later.

I don't think that each update is bringing us closer to v2. They're developing v2 while improving v1, so it could come earlier or later.

I think that's correct. Why would they have to do all number between 1.4 and 2.0? Makes no sense... They said V2 is under way, it would be stupid to name it 2.0 while not knowing how many between updates you are having.

LM names it version 2 because it has new technology that version 1.x does not have. In this case that would be DirectX11.

One thing that may affect the release date is the release of Windows 8. They probably want to make sure that ver 2 works seamlessly with Windows 8.

In all honesty, I think Windows 8 is going to blow off so quickly that you won't be able to say "cracker". W8 is not going to become mainstream over W7. There are too many negative reports on the internet about it, companies saying that they are keeping W7. MS is gonna lose big time on this one.

Windows 8 is a Tablet OS. It runs on desktops, sure, but that's not what it's made for. It's definitely not what it's optimized for. If you choose to run it as a desktop OS, just accept going in that you'd be better off just buying a tablet to run it on, if you feel you "must" have Windows 8. Windows 7 will remain the dominant desktop OS until at least Windows 8's sucessor arrives.

I don't see any major software companies building their future software around Windows 8 features. They may strive for compatibility, but you can take it for granted that running it on Windows 7 will be at least as good as Windows 8, and likely better.

Yes, it is for tablets. It was designed for that. But - as often with MS, too late. While MS was thinking Apple and Samsung were releasing - iPads and Samsungs TABs virtually took the market. What is MS looking for here with the W8, a 0,01% piece of the cake, if even...? Seriously...

But let's go back OT here.