Sign in to follow this  
henrikthg

timeframe on Prepar3d v2.0

MS is gonna lose big time on this one.

I spoke with a computer salesman recently. He was extremely knowledgeable about the entire computer market and he is very concerned with Windows 8.

He said that manufacturers like Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba, want to stick with Windows 7. - He said that Win7 should be around for a long time...

Somewhere back in late 2011, it was posted by the used to be forum manager at the Prepar3d forums that they were shooting for a late 2012, early 2013 release for v2.0.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Somewhere back in late 2011, it was posted by the used to be forum manager at the Prepar3d forums that they were shooting for a late 2012, early 2013 release for v2.0.

:shok: What?!?!! If that is the case then, holy cow! - I'm pumped! LOL!!

Sounds good. Will it use the same or a different engine?

The "used to be forum manager" respectfully known as John Nicol never stated such claim. He stated that the progressions being conducted in 1.X versions were in mind with the building towards v2.0. In the L.M. forums he clearly did state that they were looking (working?) on the DX11 update to Prepar3D back in January of 2012, but also followed up with a very clear statement that v2.0 was still quite a ways out and to enjoy the current product in its most recent form. From the statement made by John you may be missing out on a great simulation platform by holding out for v2.0. If you're serious about simulation and performance, I doubt you will be able to last that long. FSX as of last week no longer resides on my computer. Prepar3D 1.4 is already too far along for me to ever look back.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=619

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Uh... yes he did, otherwise I wouldn't say it. Like I said, it was back in 2011, the first time version 2.0 fever was started after they announced DirextX11 support. I've searched and searched this morning but can't find the post, and one of the later posts of his, now known as Legacy-Support, said that v2.0 was a "looong way off" back in April 2012 (in response to Ben Cap's question on the P3D forum about v2.0).

I agree though, no reason to wait for v2.0 when 1.4 is such a great product!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Agree, no bother waiting for 2.0.. 1.4 is the definitive answer to FSX right now IMHO. Well to be really honest 1.3 was `my' definitive answer to FSX but 1.4 just makes it more so with the increased smoothness and even more bugs eliminated.. It's just solid.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

FSX as of last week no longer resides on my computer. Prepar3D 1.4 is already too far along for me to ever look back.

I am about to make the full transistion also... P3D is vastly superior when it comes to performance.

The best thing about Windows 8 is Vista is now off the hook as the worse MS OS.

The best thing about Windows 8 is Vista is now off the hook as the worse MS OS.

Lol, good one.

Cheers, Andy.

Did we just forget Windows ME, or are we blocking?