Sign in to follow this  
Taipan

Soft Mute on new input device

Hi Brian,

When I setup my new Yoke, it is no longer the "first" joystick in the system. So when I assign a button 2 (button 2 as per windows control panel) as the soft mute, it's not working.

I believe FS2Crew is looking at only the first joystick since it doesn't give a choice of joystick?

I found in the config file "FS2_Main=JoystickButton2"

Is there any way for me to specify which joystick it should look for the mute button?

How do we setup the soft mute when we have more than one joystick?

many thanks

Hi Brian,

Yeah I think this is the only way. Weird thing is the combination of FSUIPC doesn't send many of the keys to FS2crew, for example END, INSERT, HOME don't send properly. Although if you push the key it works.

Space bar does send between FSUIPC to FS2Crew though successfully. I learned a long time ago from teamspeak use never to use CTRL/ALT/SHIFT because when talking and flying one can inadvertantly trigger something bad (wouldn't want to hit F4 for flyby view when holding down alt :) )

I ended up disabling Space Bar from the mouse look since I don't use mouselook, and it's working like that. I'm using a profile for that now assigned to all my J41s.

I assume all new FS2Crews going forward will use the customisable assignment method like the NGX, i.e. Propellor sync? That's much better I think.

Cheers