Sign in to follow this  
Bobu

Eaglesoft Citation X Extreme v2.0

Hey guys I am thinking about getting the Eaglesoft Citation X Extreme v2.0 to compliment the F1 Mustang I have. I need something a bit faster, since I have limited flying time.

How is it? I have read bad things about the VC. Is it up to snuff now?

It's a great add on! I love it, but you'll need to dedicate some time to learning how to fly it.

As far as the VC goes, it's not on par with the latest PMDG offerings but it's good.

Get it, you'll enjoy it f you like biz jets!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hi robmypro,

If this would help you out, here are some shots I posted the other day on the Eaglesoft Citation X V2 http://forum.avsim.n...oft-citation-x/

I guess you will have to judge the VC for yourself, but personally I think it's just fine, I especially like the night lighting. Great systems, FMC, sounds and the exterior model is excellent.

Chris

Chris Bremmer

I have both. The PMDG J41 is perhaps my favorite of the 20 addon payware aircraft I have. It just feels soooo realistic and it's a pleasure to fly!!! The Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 I just downloaded last night. The systems seems top-notch but the exterior and VC are well, well below current standards.

I say get the J41 AND get the boxed version! You can get it at www.jr.com for $39.99 no tax/shipping in U.S.

Phillip, what is the maximum speed of the J41? Speed is a serious consideration.

Edit: I found it. 340MPH is better than the Mustang, but I am not sure it fills the void I have. Sure does look nice though!

I read a review on the J41 that mentioned a cruise speed of around 300ktas...which would be very similar in speed to the mustang...although sounds to me like the mustang might be just a tad faster, no?....can you get the mustang to cruise at 320-340ktas? It's been a very long time since i flew it and can't remember.

If limited play time is a serious consideration in what/how you choose to fly then another thing to consider about the CitationX is that getting all it's systems flight-ready (and the associated learning curve) will take up a fair amount of preflight time, thereby negating any time savings on shorter flights as compared to using the Mustang (unless you're talking about doing long flights).

Unfortunately there is a severe shortage of general aviation single pilot jet planes available for FSX...could you imagine if Carenado and Flight1 teamed up to bring us a new GA jet? Carenado could work the modeling and textures while Flight1 could handle the gauges and FDE work...wow!

To be honest, it's a great looking AC, but I bought it about a year ago and haven't spent much time on it at all. I've found it a bit more difficult to pick up than the heavier planes.

To be honest, it's a great looking AC, but I bought it about a year ago and haven't spent much time on it at all. I've found it a bit more difficult to pick up than the heavier planes.

That is good to know Mike. Thanks!

Which did you get Rob? I tried the Citation which has great systems but the exterior is pretty bad and the VC feels unreal in some way. It just isn't up to today's high standards due to no fault of its own..time just passed it by I feel...even more so with the Mustang.

If you want speed the the Citation X is the one for you. It cruises not far below Mach 1 - I think its Mach .92 which as far as I know is still the fastest civilian aircraft after Concorde.

In terms of the VC some say it's not as good, and I suppose that's accurate when compared to the likes of PMDG or Carenado. But the systems simulation is on a par with the PMDG offering - The actual aircraft systems aren't that complicated, the start-up procedure is one of the easiest I've seen, very similar to the F1 Mustang, however the FMC is a different animal. It's rather complex and very powerful - It's not 100% but as close as you can get from behind a PC.

The only problem I had was getting the plane to fly stable - The Developer confirmed that there is a problem with the FDE that causes a slight oscillation when cruising at high altitudes. I was able to correct the problem by editing the aircraft.cfg file so if you do have it then let me know and I'll direct you to the fix. Eaglesoft said they would release an official fix at some point in the future.

That said if you are on limited time I'd say that the JS41 is your best choice - It's not terribly fast but that's not really what you'll get on a short hauler really anyway. If you want to make small 1-2 hour hops then I find that the '41 is my aircraft of choice. Brilliant systems simulation and a great FDE it actually feels (and sounds) like the real thing. Never had a single problem with it and if you get FS2CREW to go with it then you can't go wrong.

If you want to do long haul distance but not take the time to do it, then the real choice is Concorde - flight sim labs do a great Concorde simulation but it's very systems heavy and uses old-sytle analogue gauges. I personally love it but there are plenty here who prefer the newer modern do-it-all-for-you flight computers. The Concorde requires you to do some of the maths yourself on the fly!

Hope this has helped!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

I have the CX 2.0 and other than the FMS having a steep learning curve, its my 3rd favorite plane in FSX. The quality of the VC is, I think, subjective. I like it but its not PDMG or Carenado quality for looks but for functionality, its up there with them.

The only problem I had was getting the plane to fly stable - The Developer confirmed that there is a problem with the FDE that causes a slight oscillation when cruising at high altitudes. I was able to correct the problem by editing the aircraft.cfg file so if you do have it then let me know and I'll direct you to the fix. Eaglesoft said they would release an official fix at some point in the future.

Would you mind sharing that fix? Its one of the few things that bug me about the CX 2.0.