Sign in to follow this  
acmech

Sim Savvy made a huge difference !

The whole usa in photo real .Sim Savvy has given a total make over on my sim. The fact that I can fly into my home airport now and it looks realistic is such a plus.

I wish I could find away to add water masks but for now ,I have so much to explore.

In the future , I will have just get the rest of the world that I may fly in photo textures and several huge hard drives.

Hi,

Yep, just wished I had gotten my 50cm update. Sent the hard drive for the update, but it was returned as undeliverable.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Yep, just wished I had gotten my 50cm update. Sent the hard drive for the update, but it was returned as undeliverable.

I got mine a couple weeks back. Larry took care of my order no problem.

How do you manage stuff like FTX PNW, is it just a matter of scenery layer? Also, what's the lead time on getting the flash drive with the scenery?

I've been thinking of this for some time, I have the 2 CO scenery samples which is where I live, and it's just like the real thing!

I also have MegaScenery SoCal, so guess I would manage that in scenery layers depending on which version of Socal that I liked?

Thanks, Bruce.

How do you manage stuff like FTX PNW, is it just a matter of scenery layer? Also, what's the lead time on getting the flash drive with the scenery?

Yep, just a scenery layer. I only activate a few of the sim savvy states at a time, and the FTX stuff is listed on top of it. Works fine!

I ordered the 2TB drive from newegg.com and had it shipped directly to Larry. I had it back within a week or two. Larry is a good guy.

Thanks robmypro....

Where in CO are you? I'm in Boulder..

Thanks, Bruce

i have a question about this sim savvy stuff....it looks nice from altitude, but how does it look like down low? i remember earlier efforts at this photo realistic stuff and i thought it was only good for screenshots..

the screenshots i have seen of it look weird to me, you have this photoreal background...and with a FSX plane that doesnt look right in the picture...it almost makes the plane look cartoony.

Dont get me wrong im not bashing the product, if you like it, then by all means support the developer, but doesnt look like my cup of tea. i would just need some convincing to use it

Thanks robmypro....

Where in CO are you? I'm in Boulder..

Thanks, Bruce

Evergreen. Our daughter goes to Boulder. She really likes the school.

i have a question about this sim savvy stuff....it looks nice from altitude, but how does it look like down low? i remember earlier efforts at this photo realistic stuff and i thought it was only good for screenshots..

the screenshots i have seen of it look weird to me, you have this photoreal background...and with a FSX plane that doesnt look right in the picture...it almost makes the plane look cartoony.

Dont get me wrong im not bashing the product, if you like it, then by all means support the developer, but doesnt look like my cup of tea. i would just need some convincing to use it

It doesn't look great on takeoff or landing, but from 2000 feet and up it is very nice. And that is pretty much where 90% of my time is spent.

Yes, we are invaded here now :) , college starts tomorrow..... I hope your daughter does well....

Yes, we are invaded here now :) , college starts tomorrow..... I hope your daughter does well....

Thanks Bruce. Empty nesters!

Been there, done that.... it's when life #2 begins... :)

Been there, done that.... it's when life #2 begins... :)

I'm right behind you Bruce! Both kids are out. Funny thing. Tonight the wife and I did a short flight together in FSX from KLAS to KPHX. She is getting into it. Lol

So SimSavvy is now partnered with the MegaScenery people? His package is no longer for sale? I guess that's what I get for not getting it sooner and now we're stuck with Megascenery and for the price of SimSavvy (and a hard drive) you'll be lucky to buy a state or two versus all of NA before joining with Megascenery.

Acmec,

Tileproxy will give you the watermasks you are looking for and also the whole world in photoscenery. You should take time to look into it, I use it and absolutely love it. If you have questions pm me i will be happy to help