Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Wiley Post-Will Rogers Meml airport

I was looking for the farthest north airport in Alaska I could find and this is it. Situated on the Chukchi Sea, Latitude 71.29 degrees north. It is also the farthest north of any US territory. Both famous men died about 9 miles away at Point Barrow in a 1935 plane crash. If the names don't ring a bell you should check them out. I checked the job board and low and behold there was a clandestine job. Long flight with the Carbon Cub but I made the "most wanted list" award for 2 tons of unknown cargo delivered with out detection.

You should also have gotten the Northernmost airport achievement for landing there.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

You should also have gotten the Northernmost airport achievement for landing there.

No that I see. The airport and town is really well rendered. The building all have electric service panels and wirering. The trees as eveywhere are just amazing. One lack of detail I see is the water towers have no names on them any where in Flight. It was always fun when flying in the real world to look for the names of towns on waters towers if you were lost. Not that ever happened to me mind you, ha ha.

I guess it only applies if you are flying a regular passenger or freight flight and land at Wiley Post. I looked at a bunch of airports before I found one that had a job going there.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Ok, thanks, I might as well try that.

Did you land at Wiley Post or just takeoff from there to start the job?

- Gary Letona

I just took a job from there. But I went back and landed there but still no joy. So I guess I will have to find a job that is going there.

I guess it only applies if you are flying a regular passenger or freight flight and land at Wiley Post. I looked at a bunch of airports before I found one that had a job going there.

Today I found a job that went to Wiley post and I did get the Northern Exposure achievement this time. So you are correct.