Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

BufferPools=o & P3D

Hi,

I've never been able to use Bufferpools=0 while using FSX, but it seems to work well with P3D ver. 1.4, I also tried a few other tweaks (thanks Word Not Allowed) and I'm happy with the results.

Warning, this image is 5760x1200, I run a triple monitor setup. I have the PMDG 737NGX sitting on the active runway at KMIA, frames are set to unlimited and I'm using the external FPS limiter, its locked at 30. Unable to test at FSDT, F/B, Cloud 9 until a new addon manager is made available for P3D ver. 1.4.

--------------------------------------------

I'm getting 30FPS, that's just sweet

--------------------------------------------

http://www.rmfc.us/photos/P3D.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Mike,

I'm running a very similar setup to you, triple screen @ 6060 x 1080 and have a few tweaks including bp=0 and fftf=0.2 and I'm seeing vast fps improvements over fsx. And that's fully loaded with utx, rexe and enough aerosoft airports to shake a stick at.

Best wishes,

Jess B

BP=0 Gives me lower FPS in P3D for some reason.

Hey Ben,

So you've finally come over to the dark (P3D) side... :lol:

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hey Ben,

LOL!

I have been using P3D on and off for nearly a year now. I purchased it back when v1.2 was released and I flew with it for a few weeks.

I finally shelled out the cash to get v1.4 and I am really liking some of the newer features. I have already noticed FPS improvements and everything tends to have better coloring. Overall, I plan to slowly make the transition to P3D as most of the addons I use regularly work flawless in P3D.

BP=0 Gives me lower FPS in P3D for some reason.

Hey Ben,

I take back what I said... I accidentally didn't save my CFG when I added BP=0. It's fixed now and holy cow my FPS are awesome!! - This is around 20% better FPS than FSX with the same settings.

Hey Ben

Like I said in another post I made, don't remember where. P3D 1.4 is much better than P3D 1.3 and is much, much better than FSX. Ive seen (with my own eyes) the stability, smoothness, increase in performance and reduction of scenery (for example: blurry) problems to ever switch back to FSX.

For me, P3D is the sim of the future!

Hey Ben

Like I said in another post I made, don't remember where. P3D 1.4 is much better than P3D 1.3 and is much, much better than FSX. Ive seen (with my own eyes) the stability, smoothness, increase in performance and reduction of scenery (for example: blurry) problems to ever switch back to FSX.

I completely agree! My only issue is moving all of my addons over... ugh lol

Hey Ben,

I hear ya...

My only issue is moving all of my addons over... ugh lol

Hey Ben

Hi Mike, i try the prepard3d 1.4 and i have lower fps than fsx in a similar res from you, i have 5760x1080, can you say me what are you settings in the prepar3d and the tweaks applied in the prepar3d.cfg file.

Sorry for my poor english, i talk from Spain

Regards

Hi,

[bufferPools]

Usepools=0

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.12

BufferPools is a key entry in my P3D config setup, that tweak jumps my FPS 10, 12, 15,20 FPS. Just keep in mind you'll need a video board that has at least 2gb memory, if not your more than likely going to experience CTD's while using P3D.

Hi Mike, i try the prepard3d 1.4 and i have lower fps than fsx in a similar res from you, i have 5760x1080, can you say me what are you settings in the prepar3d and the tweaks applied in the prepar3d.cfg file.

Sorry for my poor english, i talk from Spain

Regards

Hi,

[bufferPools]

Usepools=0

[Main]

BufferPools is a key entry in my P3D config setup, that tweak jumps my FPS 10, 12, 15,20 FPS. Just keep in mind you'll need a video board that has at least 2gb memory, if not your more than likely going to experience CTD's while using P3D.

Thanks for your answer Mike, but my config file are the same from you, but i have low fps i think it's my setup of the prepar3d interface, they are slightly different from FSX.

What are you Settings-Scenery applied? fps?

Regards from Spain

Carlos M.

Carlos, if this helps, in my sig you can find the blog in which my settings for the P3D are found. Maybe set it exactly and see what you get?

Carlos, if this helps, in my sig you can find the blog in which my settings for the P3D are found. Maybe set it exactly and see what you get?

Thanks Word Not Allowed, i try it, but always have a few fps more in fsx than p3d

Regards from Spain

Hi,

[bufferPools]

Usepools=0

[Main]

Thanks Mike, i write my config setup with your tweaks, and the p3d config by Word Not Allowed, but still have a few fps more in fsx than p3d.

One question in a heavy airport what are your medium fps in daytime and nigttime?

Thanks Mike

Regards from Spain