Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Prepar3d Addon (In)Compatibility List

Ive seen you say this before. I many others have tried every way but looses and get . "You dont have FSX SP1 and SP2 installed". Using migration tool to install?

Guess I misunderstood? Thought this was suppose to be what "does not" work?

Yes, I'm using the FSX to Prepar3d Migration tool that I bought. I mentioned that above and in the previous post you're referring to.

This is a thread about what Doesn't work. The table that the OP has made states that the Quality Wings 757 doesn't work in P3D. It does work. So I'm posting to let him know to take it off the compatibility table.

Guys, the chart is for Addons that DON'T work. I don't want posts in here telling me that certain addons work.

Also, Word Not Allowed, rename this thread to "Prepar3d Addon Incompatibility List".

Is what I am talking about. With ORBX migrator tool it should work. With the general migrator not. But - do modules work? As they supposedly nag about the 1.4 version?

Besides, running ORBX migrator is kind of stupid, because you have to have FSX installed. And if I decided going P3D only... then what? :(

When I lauch P3D, I get 3 Orbx related nag screens :

- ObjectFlow_NZNI_P3D.dll

- ObjectFlow_CEJ4_P3D.dll

- ObjectFlow_PAKT_P3D.dll

I didn't check the first 2 sceneries but I can confirm that PAKT object flow works. The Orbx migrator tool alone is a 298 mb download which includes specific P3D dll's so one can't expect the "generic" non Orbx migrator tools to handle Orbx scenery flawlessly. As for P3D only users, Orbx latest products have FSX/P3D compatible wrappers. Guess they have some catching-up to do for their older stuff but considering P3D's market share, can we really blame them ?

Post edited for clarity

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guess they have some catching-up to do for their older stuff but considering P3D's market share, can we really blame them ?

Well, from what I have observed within my small simulator friend group, many people have begun to try out and enjoy P3D. I think that popularity is growing...

Oh just wait with the popularity, until we start posting high FPS shots of NGX cockpit in heavy areas :lol:

Oh just wait with the popularity, until we start posting high FPS shots of NGX cockpit in heavy areas :lol:

LOL.... If we can get some really conclusive and thorough benchmarks and make them well known, I guarantee you it will attract hundreds if not thousands of simmers...

Hi Srdan, Hi Ben,

I've yet to venture into P3D, but I am very interested.

I think Ben's objective was useful and that Srdan's "lateral thinking" was even better. My concern, after years of Train Simming (I thought FS98 was ****!) and therefore only recently involved in FS9 and FSX, is that this could degenerate into a SimA v SimB thread.

I know that wasn't your intention but to my mind any such list woul be most useful if you included a column for "Solutions" too.

That way any issues subsequently resolved could be linked to?

I would say that I'd not "uninstall" FSX because I had P3D. I've still got FS9 even though I don't use it. It's just disc space? ...and nowadays with 1Tb discs the "norm" ...so what?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

I didnt know the Orbx Migrator tool did not work as it worked for me with no issues, only need them to update a dll file which is down to the airport and not the migrator tool.

Captain sim, 707, 727, 737, 757, 767 and C130 all work in P3D 1.4 but they require a manual entry in to the dll.xml, Im not sure if the ACE works as ive never tested it.

Iris DA-42 Twin Star, F-16, Vulcan, F20, A10, Christen Eagle and F14 all work for me no installer issues

Ejets V2 works but it needs manual dll.xml set up

CLS/JF MD81/82 and MD87 work as but i cant remember if it needs manual dll.xml set up

Ultimate Traffic 2 needs manual dll.xml set up and its ai aircraft folder adding to prepar3d.cfg

3D Lights redux needs a full manual install ( copy and paste of its file )

Airhauler will work but you need to run it in network mode ( in its options select WIdeFS and wait for sim to launch mode )

Aerosoft Cites, Chicago, Las Vegas and San Francisco work but need manual setting in the p3d scenery.cfg

GenX VFR Vol1,2 and 3 work but need manual setting in the p3d scenery.cfg

MilViz C310R and Barron 55 work with no installer issues from what i remember

-Paul-

Yes, expect a landslide ! Did you make any progress with your benchmarking ?

I didnt know the Orbx Migrator tool did not work as it worked for me with no issues

@ Gandy : perhaps you misunderstood me, I meant that that the other 2 migrator tools (the freeware one and the payware one) might not be able to cope with moving Orbx scenery due to specific p3d dlls which are included in the Orbx migrator tool which worked flawlessly for me.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

ah ok, the other fsx/p3d migrator tool.. a bit misleading that one.

-Paul-

Sorry about that :wink:

I updated my previous post for clarity

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

no worries :)

FSPS Ultimate Check-list works ( refer to manual on its fsuipc set up )

OrbxGO is not working

Nemeth Design EC135 works.

-Paul-

Realair Lancair Legacy : some sound issues (volume too low ?) ; gear, flaps, air brakes, cockpit switch clicks are barely or not audible perhaps due to a compatibility problem between P3D and Doug Dawson's sound gauge.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

Just been watching Ben update the list, Good work Ben :)

UK2000 VFR Airfields Vol 1 works but needs manual adding to the scenery.cfg

-Paul-

Yes good job ! here are two for the list :-) : Realair Duke & Turbine Duke no issues except when selecting a RealityXP GPS equipped panel (for obvious reasons :-(.

No cockpit click sounds with Bliksimpie's third party enhancement (uses Doug Dawson's sound gauge like the Legacy)

Added :

Baytower RV7 : partial - GTX327 gauge must be disabled in panel.cfg to prevent P3D crash

KInd regards

Jean-Paul