Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Prepar3d Addon (In)Compatibility List

Add FSRecorder to the incompatibility list. Dang - that was an important one.

Just need to update the Captain sim ones as i went and rechecked,

Captain Sim Installers look for fs9.exe ( its included in the fsx install ) so place that in your folder and they will install but you still need to manually set up the dll.xml

The JustFlight installers for the CLSM81/82 and MD87 look for the fsx.exe when they install but you still need to manually set up the dll.xml.

-Paul-

Forgot to add,

Orbx Lancair IV seems to detect the P3D folder and install to it instead of fsx, i guess this could be the Orbx migrator tool at work but im not sure.

-Paul-

LDS 767 definitely not working. P3D crashing upon aircraft selection.

Guys, the chart is for Addons that DON'T work. I don't want posts in here telling me that certain addons work.

Also, Word Not Allowed, rename this thread to "Prepar3d Addon Incompatibility List".

Not sure why you'd want to have a chart only of incompatible add ons. It makes sense to me that before purchasing either Prepar3d or an addon, many would also go to the list to see what -would- work.

A list of only incompatible items doesn't tell you if something that isn't listed has been tried and found to work.

It's like going to a restaurant and being given a menu that only includes food you can't order.

A list of only incompatible items doesn't tell you if something that isn't listed has been tried and found to work.

A good point! I agree to that. So lets make a list of BOTH.

Not sure why you'd want to have a chart only of incompatible add ons. It makes sense to me that before purchasing either Prepar3d or an addon, many would also go to the list to see what -would- work.

It's like going to a restaurant and being given a menu that only includes food you can't order.

I guess I will go back to the old system... I need to make a new thread and make some clear rules for everyone to follow so we have a unified system. - Thanks for the input.

Good work Ben, much appreciated!

Ben, please update: Aivlasoft EFB working OK out of the box. Recognizes prepar3d.exe natively.

Ben, please update: Aivlasoft EFB working OK out of the box. Recognizes prepar3d.exe natively.

It does? That is not the case for me, unless they have issued a recent update that fixes it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Hmmmmmmmmm......... just checked it again. Funny stuff. Not working... let me check this out...

Edit: man, I could swear all was working ok yesterday! Arrgh.

Edit2: back to the drawing board. It needs fsx.exe.

Just a guess... By any chance would you have had virtual fsx enabled thru the fsx2p3d migrator. If so it may work. I'm not at my computer so I can't check it

That was actually my first thought. But no... if only it were that easy. EFB really needs a resident fsx.exe. It doesn't care what it is. I just renamed nvidia inspector, ran it and it ran as fsx.exe in the background, that was all ok for EFB.

Hah... cheat it completely: copy cmd.exe to p3d folder, rename to fsx.exe, set fsuipc to run it hidden and voila. All is well. Maybe it even helps other apps.

That was actually my first thought. But no... if only it were that easy. EFB really needs a resident fsx.exe. It doesn't care what it is. I just renamed nvidia inspector, ran it and it ran as fsx.exe in the background, that was all ok for EFB.Hah... cheat it completely: copy cmd.exe to p3d folder, rename to fsx.exe, set fsuipc to run it hidden and voila. All is well. Maybe it even helps other apps.

Good choice of workaround. I had just used a random small app I had lying around. The fix does unfortunately not help fsinn, it requires the actual p3d executable to be named fsx.exe in order to update the aircraft repository.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Hi Word Not Allowed,

That is SWEET!!!, looking forward to getting home to give this a try. I purchased EFB when they had their sale last Dec. I was told it would support P3D (only reason why I purchased) in the future, so I purchased it in the hopes of P3D compatibility, looks like I'll finally get to use the program.

Thanks

That was actually my first thought. But no... if only it were that easy. EFB really needs a resident fsx.exe. It doesn't care what it is. I just renamed nvidia inspector, ran it and it ran as fsx.exe in the background, that was all ok for EFB.

Hah... cheat it completely: copy cmd.exe to p3d folder, rename to fsx.exe, set fsuipc to run it hidden and voila. All is well. Maybe it even helps other apps.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck