Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Cap

Prepar3d Addon (In)Compatibility List

Sorry about that :wink:

I updated my previous post for clarity

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

no worries :)

FSPS Ultimate Check-list works ( refer to manual on its fsuipc set up )

OrbxGO is not working

Nemeth Design EC135 works.

Realair Lancair Legacy : some sound issues (volume too low ?) ; gear, flaps, air brakes, cockpit switch clicks are barely or not audible perhaps due to a compatibility problem between P3D and Doug Dawson's sound gauge.

Just been watching Ben update the list, Good work Ben :)

UK2000 VFR Airfields Vol 1 works but needs manual adding to the scenery.cfg

Yes good job ! here are two for the list :-) : Realair Duke & Turbine Duke no issues except when selecting a RealityXP GPS equipped panel (for obvious reasons :-(.

No cockpit click sounds with Bliksimpie's third party enhancement (uses Doug Dawson's sound gauge like the Legacy)

Added :

Baytower RV7 : partial - GTX327 gauge must be disabled in panel.cfg to prevent P3D crash

Add FSRecorder to the incompatibility list. Dang - that was an important one.

Just need to update the Captain sim ones as i went and rechecked,

Captain Sim Installers look for fs9.exe ( its included in the fsx install ) so place that in your folder and they will install but you still need to manually set up the dll.xml

The JustFlight installers for the CLSM81/82 and MD87 look for the fsx.exe when they install but you still need to manually set up the dll.xml.

Forgot to add,

Orbx Lancair IV seems to detect the P3D folder and install to it instead of fsx, i guess this could be the Orbx migrator tool at work but im not sure.

LDS 767 definitely not working. P3D crashing upon aircraft selection.

Guys, the chart is for Addons that DON'T work. I don't want posts in here telling me that certain addons work.

Also, Word Not Allowed, rename this thread to "Prepar3d Addon Incompatibility List".

Not sure why you'd want to have a chart only of incompatible add ons. It makes sense to me that before purchasing either Prepar3d or an addon, many would also go to the list to see what -would- work.

A list of only incompatible items doesn't tell you if something that isn't listed has been tried and found to work.

It's like going to a restaurant and being given a menu that only includes food you can't order.

A list of only incompatible items doesn't tell you if something that isn't listed has been tried and found to work.

A good point! I agree to that. So lets make a list of BOTH.

Not sure why you'd want to have a chart only of incompatible add ons. It makes sense to me that before purchasing either Prepar3d or an addon, many would also go to the list to see what -would- work.

It's like going to a restaurant and being given a menu that only includes food you can't order.

I guess I will go back to the old system... I need to make a new thread and make some clear rules for everyone to follow so we have a unified system. - Thanks for the input.

Ben, please update: Aivlasoft EFB working OK out of the box. Recognizes prepar3d.exe natively.

Ben, please update: Aivlasoft EFB working OK out of the box. Recognizes prepar3d.exe natively.

It does? That is not the case for me, unless they have issued a recent update that fixes it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmmmmmmm......... just checked it again. Funny stuff. Not working... let me check this out...

Edit: man, I could swear all was working ok yesterday! Arrgh.

Edit2: back to the drawing board. It needs fsx.exe.

Just a guess... By any chance would you have had virtual fsx enabled thru the fsx2p3d migrator. If so it may work. I'm not at my computer so I can't check it

That was actually my first thought. But no... if only it were that easy. EFB really needs a resident fsx.exe. It doesn't care what it is. I just renamed nvidia inspector, ran it and it ran as fsx.exe in the background, that was all ok for EFB.

Hah... cheat it completely: copy cmd.exe to p3d folder, rename to fsx.exe, set fsuipc to run it hidden and voila. All is well. Maybe it even helps other apps.

That was actually my first thought. But no... if only it were that easy. EFB really needs a resident fsx.exe. It doesn't care what it is. I just renamed nvidia inspector, ran it and it ran as fsx.exe in the background, that was all ok for EFB.Hah... cheat it completely: copy cmd.exe to p3d folder, rename to fsx.exe, set fsuipc to run it hidden and voila. All is well. Maybe it even helps other apps.

Good choice of workaround. I had just used a random small app I had lying around. The fix does unfortunately not help fsinn, it requires the actual p3d executable to be named fsx.exe in order to update the aircraft repository.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hi Word Not Allowed,

That is SWEET!!!, looking forward to getting home to give this a try. I purchased EFB when they had their sale last Dec. I was told it would support P3D (only reason why I purchased) in the future, so I purchased it in the hopes of P3D compatibility, looks like I'll finally get to use the program.

Thanks

That was actually my first thought. But no... if only it were that easy. EFB really needs a resident fsx.exe. It doesn't care what it is. I just renamed nvidia inspector, ran it and it ran as fsx.exe in the background, that was all ok for EFB.

Hah... cheat it completely: copy cmd.exe to p3d folder, rename to fsx.exe, set fsuipc to run it hidden and voila. All is well. Maybe it even helps other apps.

Someone care to try EFB after starting P3D in legacy mode via the fsx2p3d migrator. It fools EZCA, may fool EFB.

es, expect a landslide ! Did you make any progress with your benchmarking ?

Yes, indeed I did. Currently a bit battling a reason for small FPS drops when installing REX-E. I will not post any results until I am 100% sure what it is. Maybe it is just different textures or wave anims...

Someone care to try EFB after starting P3D in legacy mode via the fsx2p3d migrator.

You can install it by fooling, but it doesn't work like that. It *needs* a resident fsx.exe file, whatever it is! The migrator doesn't load the exe, it only correctly positions the paths.

Still don't want to leave the LDS 767 behind. That's the only addon I cannot get to work.

Found a Youtube-Video where the guy gave me some tipps, but that didn't really help in this case. When the configuration manager will show up, there is no Appcrash...that's the only thing I could verify. Unfortunately the configuration manager will not show up with every loading. I suppose there is another thing causing the Appcrash before...

I managed to save a flight after Ioading the 767 without CTD. I can load this flight without problems and change everything (airport, weather, time...) Here the config manager will not show and I have to do fuel and payload settings manually.

Not very satisfied with that...maybe there is anyone out there with some other ideas. It's too bad that this is not working properly :(

You can install it by fooling, but it doesn't work like that. It *needs* a resident fsx.exe file, whatever it is! The migrator doesn't load the exe, it only correctly positions the paths.

Hi Word Not Allowed,

Just got back in front of my puter and had to try it out for myself. Starting P3D via the Flightsim Estonia Migrator in Legacy Mode does permit EFB to start and function normally. You might not be aware of that mode since its not very well described and kinda hidden away. Take a look at the Estonia .pdf and give it a shot, I'm curious if it works for any1 else.

Another addon working OK: Accufeel.

Also installed couple of sceneries, some Aerosoft, UK2000, FT, ORBX... all working OK. It makes no sense giving a list of those. I think we can conclude sceneries without special DLLs like ORBX, will work OK. Also aircraft without special DLLs are going to work OK.

Problems start with external utilities and aircraft that need exe.xml and dll.xml entries.

Hi Word Not Allowed,

Just got back in front of my puter and had to try it out for myself. Starting P3D via the Flightsim Estonia Migrator in Legacy Mode does permit EFB to start and function normally. You might not be aware of that mode since its not very well described and kinda hidden away. Take a look at the Estonia .pdf and give it a shot, I'm curious if it works for any1 else.

Correct! I didn't know about this.

So what does this do really? I see there is a fsx.exe now in the task manager. Also aero has been disabled.

But:

EZDok Beta 1.17 for P3D works flawlessly with prepar3d.exe

with fsx.exe=cmd.exe mod also all OK

What else might be a problem?