Maybe Prepar3d? Let's hope.... I will only buy Prepare3d when they improve FSX weather realism....

Active sky 2012 and REX Essential works in Prepar3d :-)

Active sky 2012 and REX Essential works in Prepar3d :-)

Active Sky and REX are just make up, unable to provide windshear, a real met radar or simulate meteorology with some realism.

Active Sky and REX are just make up, unable to provide windshear, a real met radar or simulate meteorology with some realism.

Well you're just going to have to work with what you've got, as they are trying their hardest.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I never hear Wind shear on the NGX either. However I get a lot of "windshear"warnings in the CLS A330 [to many actualy] ASnd I do get windshear effect thanks to Active Sky,

Hi Diego,

In the NGX you can hear both, the "TCAS TEST PASS" and the "TCAS TEST FAIL".

To hear them you have to press the button located on the Transponder modeselector. If you do that before IRS alignment you will get the "FAIL" sound and after alingment the "PASS".

John

Can someone explain to me in short what to correct with windshear? What does it actually do to a airplain?

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Michael,

A windshear is practically a fast shift in wind direction/wind speed which can pretty dangerous whilst you are flying low and pretty slow near to your minimum speed like whilst you are on approach/landing and takeoff/departure.

Hi Diego,

In the NGX you can hear both, the "TCAS TEST PASS" and the "TCAS TEST FAIL".

To hear them you have to press the button located on the Transponder modeselector. If you do that before IRS alignment you will get the "FAIL" sound and after alingment the "PASS".

John

Thanks John!

I wonder why, in addons like Activesky, it is not possible to simulate a windshear (like it is possible with a wake turbolence) that is detected by the 737 and triggers a windshear alert. Why? We are not talking about weather radar, now...

James Goggi

By the way, who says that the windshear is not well simulated in real simulators?? I have just been in a CAE 777 simulator and there the windshear and all weather effects are perfectly simulated (and of course the weather radar, too...).

James Goggi

Hi,

I wonder why, in addons like Activesky, it is not possible to simulate a windshear (like it is possible with a wake turbolence) that is detected by the 737 and triggers a windshear alert. Why? We are not talking about weather radar, now...

Probably because the FSX weather engine is not flexible enough, and doesn't provide the right simulated weather to make such things possible. I assume that it is possible to create wake turbolence however.

I assume that it is possible to create wake turbolence however.

Yes, ActiveSky simulates wake turbolence.

James Goggi

I know, as I am not a native English speaker it maybe doesn't sound like it should have, but I meant that it seems to be possible to simulate wake turbulence but however it probably isn't possible to program wind shears, at least not realistic ones. :wink: