Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

TacPack in open beta

This add-on is actually a great idea IMO, because you can takeoff in your professionally programmed VRS F/A-18 from some place that you can only simulate combat with in FSX. It just completes the F/A-18 experience.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Something that I think would be valuable would be for the folks who developed this add-on to provide some brief overview for how it interfaces within FSX and what is required to function -- for example if aircraft are required to be first developed to work with it before you can work with it.

Cheers,

Ken

As released, it is not fully compatible with Windows 8. Development took so long that TacPack fell foul of Microsoft's Windows release cycle. I am disappointed that the product I pre-ordered all those years ago won't run properly on my current system. The beta caused immediate and consistent CTDs, forcing me to completely rebuild my system, so I am reluctant to install the release version.

How disappointing!

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

We released the first update yesterday afternoon (1.3.2.1) specifically to support Windows 8. With that, if you're still having issues, please post on our Support Forums and we'll be happy to help you further.

That comment above was only designed to create more interest in the product.

It´s pretty simple: If you´re into modern fighters there´s no way around the Tacpack. No other FSX-product gives you detailed and realistic systems (Radar, EW, FLIR, Weapons) like that one does.

@N1G: What´s the problem? Windows8 works with it since that new Update - so why can´t he say that here? Obviously there´s somebody who bought it but couldn´t use it as he didn´t know about that update.

We released the first update yesterday afternoon (1.3.2.1) specifically to support Windows 8. With that, if you're still having issues, please post on our Support Forums and we'll be happy to help you further.

Excellent! Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Why no AVSIM review nor coverage...?

spacer.png