Sign in to follow this  
RLJR

FSX install problem

I still haven't been able to re-install FSX Deluxe. I am still getting Failed to load DLL: Gameuxinstall Helper. I have been to the Microsoft site and CCleaner. All to no joy. I was wondering if the FSX Gold might solve the problem. Any one know?

Hereis my sys info.

Thanks for all help,

Ralph

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name SONNY-PC

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Studio XPS 9100

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A02, 5/26/2010

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name Sonny-PC\Sonny

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.99 GB

Available Physical Memory 6.25 GB

Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 14.0 GB

Page File Space 7.99 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Guest firehawk44

You need to completely uninstall FSX. There are many left-over FSX directories after an uninstall. CC Cleaner might get rid of registry items but not files left on the harddrive. The main FSX directory is left after an uninstall and so are most of the hidden directories. Here's an excellent link on how to properly uninstall and reinstall FSX - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx.

Best regards,

Jim

This may help. For Windows 7 installs of FSX it is always asdvisable to NOT let the program install to the default location. So..during the installation process before you accept that default installation path, click on the 'browse' button and install it to the root of your drive. For most that will be c/fsx

Also here is a Microsoft link that explains how to fix this for Vista or XP..I expect the Vista instructions would also apply to Windows 7. This is a common error and it is certainly fixable so be patient, read up on the Microsoft link and methodically follow the instructions. FSX Deluxe should install and buy or trying FSX Gold instead will not fix this issue.

OK guys I thank you. I will be working on it until I have joy. I will be back with you then.

Thanks again, Ralph :unsure:

I reinstalled windows on a clean PC. I was able to reinstall FSX Deluxe in C:FSX. The only problem was finding update #1. #2 was online but the #1 seems to have been taken off. I am going to buy the Gold edition and go with that. So for now it is great joy here in my home.

Thanks to all for your help.

Ralph

Glad to hear you are back up and running. You can get SP1 and SP2 at this link - http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/default.aspx. If you buy FSX Gold, you'll have to uninstall SP2 first before installing.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FYI, SP1 is currently unavailable from Microsoft, and can be downloaded from the Avsim library (English version).

regards,

Joe

Thanks Joe for that info.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Similar problem i must be missing a step somewhere. Every time i try to install the damn programme it just looks at the the first disc and then asked for the second. I deleted everything with FSX with regedit and deleted the documents folder with fsx plus having to clean up after no matter what i seem to do FSX installs not in the folder i tell to but all over the place the bloody drive.Still getting the error "0x80040702 failed to load dll gameuxinstall help". Any help would be greatly appreciated.